Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HELP] [n900] BATTERY DRAIN PROBLEM after update

OP jraman

11th July 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #1  
jraman's Avatar
OP Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Hi I'm a Indian user
Last week I updated my note3 to xxuenf3 firmware then I had very terrible battery life
I'm getting just 4 hour on screen sometimes I get 3 hours
Guys please help me to increase my battery life


I don't want to root my device
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-11-20-55-07.png
Views:	55
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	2845909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-11-20-55-00.png
Views:	50
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2845910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-11-20-54-55.png
Views:	60
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	2845911  
Last edited by jraman; 12th July 2014 at 05:40 AM.
11th July 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #2  
Ryven's Avatar
Member
Flag Borken
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Donate to Me
More
May post your battery usage page to see what drains that much. The more experienced guys here may correct me but i guess without rooting there arent too many options to safe battery.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thanks adding screenshots. As i thought facebook is an hughe drain factor as i see it also id suggest adjusting you screen brightness. Idc about uc browser tho
11th July 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #3  
jraman's Avatar
OP Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryven

May post your battery usage page to see what drains that much. The more experienced guys here may correct me but i guess without rooting there arent too many options to safe battery.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thanks adding screenshots. As i thought facebook is an hughe drain factor as i see it also id suggest adjusting you screen brightness. Idc about uc browser tho

thanks for quick reply

i had set brightness to auto (-5 level)

what about android system it also consuming more amount of battery
11th July 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #4  
Ryven's Avatar
Member
Flag Borken
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Donate to Me
More
The more experienced people can say more to that as me. Specially with your desire to not root your phone. There are as far i remember serval bugs causing system to drain more battery but i think it was way more than. Maybe search arroubd here for that bugs for more info about it could not be too wrong tho
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #5  
jraman's Avatar
OP Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
deleted
Last edited by jraman; 12th July 2014 at 07:23 AM.
12th July 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #6  
jraman's Avatar
OP Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryven

The more experienced people can say more to that as me. Specially with your desire to not root your phone. There are as far i remember serval bugs causing system to drain more battery but i think it was way more than. Maybe search arroubd here for that bugs for more info about it could not be too wrong tho


is there any way to prevent battery drain without rooting my phone

edited: so i hav to root my device to have good battery life
12th July 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #7  
Ryven's Avatar
Member
Flag Borken
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraman

is there any way to prevent battery drain without rooting my phone

edited: so i hav to root my device to have good battery life

Not saying that but since i always rooted my phones im limited in knowledge about non root
sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #8  
jraman's Avatar
OP Member
Flag chennai
Thanks Meter: 8
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryven

Not saying that but since i always rooted my phones im limited in knowledge about non root
sorry

thank how to root n900 ???
then should i install custom rom for good battery life
12th July 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #9  
Ryven's Avatar
Member
Flag Borken
Thanks Meter: 5
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Donate to Me
More
Added link
There are serval threads about that. Just follow the steps within thread step by step and youll be good to go. But read up within the threads about consequenses and risks. You wont need custom rom an custom kernel will do good aswell. I have nice experiences with ultimate kernel. Important to know is you have to read up if the kernel/rom is confirmed as working with exactly your device. For example international note 3 = sm-n9005

Here is an excellent written guide on how to safe up some battery

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2579075
Last edited by Ryven; 12th July 2014 at 10:25 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes