Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Note 3 and Sony SBH52 headset help

OP pjh2903

22nd October 2013, 12:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
I have a Note 3 and the Sony SBH52 headset. When I get Gmail emails, Facebook and Twitter updates they appear on the headset and will be read out.
The problem I have is with the default email app on the Note 3 which I use for my work exchange emails - these do not get notified or appear on the headset (notifications appear on the Note 3).
having looked at the Sony smart connect app on Google play it states that it only works for the default email app on Xperia handsets.

My question is does anyone know if there is a work around that will enable me to receive notifications from the default email app on the Note 3 onto the headset? - a long shot I know.
Thanks
27th October 2013, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Note 3 emails on sbh52
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjh2903

I have a Note 3 and the Sony SBH52 headset. When I get Gmail emails, Facebook and Twitter updates they appear on the headset and will be read out.
The problem I have is with the default email app on the Note 3 which I use for my work exchange emails - these do not get notified or appear on the headset (notifications appear on the Note 3).
having looked at the Sony smart connect app on Google play it states that it only works for the default email app on Xperia handsets.

My question is does anyone know if there is a work around that will enable me to receive notifications from the default email app on the Note 3 onto the headset? - a long shot I know.
Thanks

I have tried a lot of variations with no success. I thought Watchit would enable this but it doesn't seem to. Please let me know if you have any luck.
27th October 2013, 01:01 PM   |  #3  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 273

4,358 posts
More
Does the pairing via nfc work?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
27th October 2013, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
NFC works perfectly for pairing. The only thing that does not work is notifications from the default email app on the Note 3. The Sony software for the SBH states that the device is not supported for email (using the default Note 3 email app)
28th October 2013, 06:41 AM   |  #5  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 273

4,358 posts
More
Just got my sbh 52 still exploring it. But definitely a good buy

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

are you going to get the smart watch2? it's better than the gear

28th August 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

57 posts
More
Hi all. Is there any way to wake note 3 by using the sbh52? so I can use voice commands?

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3 sbh52 headset email notifications
Previous Thread Next Thread