MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need help recovering data from phone with broken Screen

OP ftosam

9th August 2014, 09:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
More
Hey guys!

I've been looking around for help on this one but I've come up short.

I've got a Note 3 and I've killed the LCD. the phone still works can hear it working etc.

I need to backup a game (clash of clans... ). To do this, normally i'd link it to my google account, and then sync it to my new phone (another note 3).

However I cant get access.,.. And Keis will backup my apps but wont let me install them on any phone other than the original!

I saw there was a prog called Android Connect, however my phone didn't have USB debugging enabled. And i'm far too noivice to compile a kernel to enable it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a HDMI MHL2.0 cable to get the screen onto the TV, but i'd still need to control it somehow, and the usb port would be taken up by the hdmi adapter so cant plug in a OTG cable and a usb mouse!.

I've tried a MHL1.2 cable and it wont work., but I've found on ebay, mhl1.2 adapters with USB ports, but none that support MHL2.0..

Such a predicament! any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've invested a lot of time (and admittedly money) into this game and i'd hate to waste it!

Thanks
Sam
9th August 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  

3 posts
I'm in a similar situation. My girlfriend just got a S5 Active a few weeks ago and has managed to break the screen already, and they say guys are hard on stuff. Screen will not come on at all and has a pattern lock. Is there any other way to get into the phone to backup files? Kies would be fine in my case but I can't unlock to use it. Since it is new I hadn't had a chance to set up Samsung find my mobile or Android device manager. Help us both please!
9th August 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
Note 3
Is your phone rooted?
12th August 2014, 04:34 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
Hmm looks like this thread died
14th August 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane

33 posts
More
Nah phone is pretty stock... I have an Sview case so it unlocks the phone for me...

Have ordered an MHL2.0 cable so should be able to see the screen, but still no idea on control
14th August 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #6  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 671

731 posts
Donate to Me
More
Disregard - didn't see you had not enabled adb.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.5 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T
14th August 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane

33 posts
More
Unfortunately I don't think I have developer options enabled. Which is causing this predicament.
14th August 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #8  
Flag Huntsville, AL

731 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok. I'm stupid.

Google sidesync. Download and install pc application. Then go to Google Play store on your pc and find sidesync and click install, select your device and let it install remotely (wait about 3-5 min). Reboot your device, launch sidesync on your pc and connect your device via usb. Select usb in pc app.

If all goes well, you'll have full control and phone screen on your pc.

14th August 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Brisbane

33 posts
More
Just tried this with my new Note 3, and you have to run the app on the phone before you can mirror...

Dammit.... so close!

Thanks for the suggestion! feel like im getting somewhere
14th August 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #10  
Flag Huntsville, AL

731 posts
Donate to Me
More
Argh. I din't recall having to run it first... but yes, progress is always good!

Another option is the Samsung media dock, you can use it to get mhl and usb kb/mouse at the same time.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-S20JWEGSTA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread