Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help recovering data from phone with broken Screen

Tip us?

ftosam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Need help recovering data from phone with broken Screen

Hey guys!

I've been looking around for help on this one but I've come up short.

I've got a Note 3 and I've killed the LCD. the phone still works can hear it working etc.

I need to backup a game (clash of clans... ). To do this, normally i'd link it to my google account, and then sync it to my new phone (another note 3).

However I cant get access.,.. And Keis will backup my apps but wont let me install them on any phone other than the original!

I saw there was a prog called Android Connect, however my phone didn't have USB debugging enabled. And i'm far too noivice to compile a kernel to enable it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking a HDMI MHL2.0 cable to get the screen onto the TV, but i'd still need to control it somehow, and the usb port would be taken up by the hdmi adapter so cant plug in a OTG cable and a usb mouse!.

I've tried a MHL1.2 cable and it wont work., but I've found on ebay, mhl1.2 adapters with USB ports, but none that support MHL2.0..

Such a predicament! any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I've invested a lot of time (and admittedly money) into this game and i'd hate to waste it!

Thanks
Sam

wasp777g
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm in a similar situation. My girlfriend just got a S5 Active a few weeks ago and has managed to break the screen already, and they say guys are hard on stuff. Screen will not come on at all and has a pattern lock. Is there any other way to get into the phone to backup files? Kies would be fine in my case but I can't unlock to use it. Since it is new I hadn't had a chance to set up Samsung find my mobile or Android device manager. Help us both please!

elUltimoPadrino
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3

Is your phone rooted?

wasp777g
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm looks like this thread died

ftosam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Nah phone is pretty stock... I have an Sview case so it unlocks the phone for me...

Have ordered an MHL2.0 cable so should be able to see the screen, but still no idea on control

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 518

DONATE TO ME
Disregard - didn't see you had not enabled adb.

Sent from my leanKernel 3.5 powered stock 4.4.2 (NF4) SM-N900T
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.8

Helpful Threads by Me:

ftosam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unfortunately I don't think I have developer options enabled. Which is causing this predicament.

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 518

DONATE TO ME
Ok. I'm stupid.

Google sidesync. Download and install pc application. Then go to Google Play store on your pc and find sidesync and click install, select your device and let it install remotely (wait about 3-5 min). Reboot your device, launch sidesync on your pc and connect your device via usb. Select usb in pc app.

If all goes well, you'll have full control and phone screen on your pc.

Devices:
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.8

Helpful Threads by Me:

ftosam
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just tried this with my new Note 3, and you have to run the app on the phone before you can mirror...

Dammit.... so close!

Thanks for the suggestion! feel like im getting somewhere

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 518

DONATE TO ME
Argh. I din't recall having to run it first... but yes, progress is always good!

Another option is the Samsung media dock, you can use it to get mhl and usb kb/mouse at the same time.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...EDD-S20JWEGSTA

Devices:

Helpful Threads by Me:

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more