[Q] [HELP] Soft - Bricked my Note 3

OP hexacetat

15th August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Hi,

today i soft bricked my Note 3 because i tried to install CWM Recovery with Reactivation Lock on.

Now it shows a yellow triangle and says "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock" and under that: "Secure Fail: Recovery"

I read that i can go back flashing the original stock firmware but i dont have any idea what my product code/csc is.

On the package it says ART code: SM-N9005ZWENEE

The Booklets in the package are printed in Swedish/Finish

Is there any help or do i have to send it back to Samsung?

Thanks in advance

Chris
15th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexacetat

Hi,

today i soft bricked my Note 3 because i tried to install CWM Recovery with Reactivation Lock on.

Now it shows a yellow triangle and says "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock" and under that: "Secure Fail: Recovery"

I read that i can go back flashing the original stock firmware but i dont have any idea what my product code/csc is.

On the package it says ART code: SM-N9005ZWENEE

The Booklets in the package are printed in Swedish/Finish

Is there any help or do i have to send it back to Samsung?

Thanks in advance

Chris

No better way on Earth to welcome you on XDA than a soft brick.

Long story short:
0. I hope you've learned your lesson. READ, READ, THEN WHEN YOU'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL MANAGE, READ SOME MORE.
1. You need your cable and a PC, on the PC you need the latest Samsung USB drivers. You can obtain them most easily by downloading Samsung Kies, it will install the drivers for you.
2. Download, for example, this: https://mega.co.nz/#!Ld03nbgB!N5xbTB...1YbNk2QpQEcj1k + Odin (for example, from here http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/18196321/file.html )
3. Unzip the file somewhere easily accessible.
4. Turn the phone off and put it in download mode (hold simultaneously Vol Down + Home Button + Power button), until you see that big yellow triangle and some Samsung nonsense about custom OS harming your phone. Press Vol Up to confirm you want to do it.
5. Unzip Odin somewhere, then start Odin 3.07.
6. Plug the phone to the PC with the cable.
7. Odin should put out a message "Added !!"
8. Click on AP and find the .tar.md5 file you extracted in step 3, and click Open.
9. Odin will process the file and when it puts out the message "Leave CS..." see if only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked. NOTHING else. And THEN click Start.
10. After the operation finishes and your phone reboots, perform a Factory reset.
11. Go on with rooting and CWM, but check the Reactivation lock.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to sirobelec For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Frankfurt

4 posts
Info 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirobelec

No better way on Earth to welcome you on XDA than a soft brick.

Long story short:
0. I hope you've learned your lesson. READ, READ, THEN WHEN YOU'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL MANAGE, READ SOME MORE.
1. You need your cable and a PC, on the PC you need the latest Samsung USB drivers. You can obtain them most easily by downloading Samsung Kies, it will install the drivers for you.
2. Download, for example, this:XXX + Odin (for example, from here XXXX )
3. Unzip the file somewhere easily accessible.
4. Turn the phone off and put it in download mode (hold simultaneously Vol Down + Home Button + Power button), until you see that big yellow triangle and some Samsung nonsense about custom OS harming your phone. Press Vol Up to confirm you want to do it.
5. Unzip Odin somewhere, then start Odin 3.07.
6. Plug the phone to the PC with the cable.
7. Odin should put out a message "Added !!"
8. Click on AP and find the .tar.md5 file you extracted in step 3, and click Open.
9. Odin will process the file and when it puts out the message "Leave CS..." see if only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked. NOTHING else. And THEN click Start.
10. After the operation finishes and your phone reboots, perform a Factory reset.
11. Go on with rooting and CWM, but check the Reactivation lock.

Good luck.

Thank you verry much.

I had a galaxy s and a note 2 rooted and with custom rom but still this didnt prepare me for this knox **** :/

Still you are right, i was way to carelessle for such an expensive phone.

The Android Version you supplied is UK branded, shure this will work on my phone?

I know i have 4.4.2 on the phone, the version that came out before the latests big patch.

Sorry but i dont want to flash the wrong things even further.

Regards

Chris
15th August 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Frankfurt

4 posts
OMG,

Flashed it and everything is working perfectly again. BIG Thx mate, supply me with your paypal id and ill invite you for some beers!

THANKS
The Following User Says Thank You to hexacetat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th August 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 39

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexacetat

OMG,

Flashed it and everything is working perfectly again. BIG Thx mate, supply me with your paypal id and ill invite you for some beers!

THANKS

Support the devs that make unbricking, flashing, etc. possible.

And have fun with the Nope 3, the ugliest phone on Earth, but still I wouldn't change it for anything but (probably) a Note 4 with Exynos 5433.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread