Originally Posted by hexacetat
today i soft bricked my Note 3 because i tried to install CWM Recovery with Reactivation Lock on.
Now it shows a yellow triangle and says "Custom binary blocked by Reactivation Lock" and under that: "Secure Fail: Recovery"
I read that i can go back flashing the original stock firmware but i dont have any idea what my product code/csc is.
On the package it says ART code: SM-N9005ZWENEE
The Booklets in the package are printed in Swedish/Finish
Is there any help or do i have to send it back to Samsung?
Thanks in advance
No better way on Earth to welcome you on XDA than a soft brick.
Long story short:
0. I hope you've learned your lesson. READ, READ, THEN WHEN YOU'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL MANAGE, READ SOME MORE.
1. You need your cable and a PC, on the PC you need the latest Samsung USB drivers. You can obtain them most easily by downloading Samsung Kies, it will install the drivers for you.
2. Download, for example, this: https://mega.co.nz/#!Ld03nbgB!N5xbTB...1YbNk2QpQEcj1k
+ Odin (for example, from here http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/18196321/file.html
3. Unzip the file somewhere easily accessible.
4. Turn the phone off and put it in download mode (hold simultaneously Vol Down + Home Button + Power button), until you see that big yellow triangle and some Samsung nonsense about custom OS harming your phone. Press Vol Up to confirm you want to do it.
5. Unzip Odin somewhere, then start Odin 3.07.
6. Plug the phone to the PC with the cable.
7. Odin should put out a message "Added !!"
8. Click on AP and find the .tar.md5 file you extracted in step 3, and click Open.
9. Odin will process the file and when it puts out the message "Leave CS..." see if only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked. NOTHING else. And THEN click Start.
10. After the operation finishes and your phone reboots, perform a Factory reset.
11. Go on with rooting and CWM, but check the Reactivation lock.