Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hotspot Data Drops After 1 Minute

Tip us?

LXXSXNNY
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Hotspot Data Drops After 1 Minute

Hi! I'm running a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 from SMA Philippines supposedly having:

PDA: N9005XXUEND6
CSC: N9005OLBEND1
MODEM: N9005XXUENC2

Recently I flashed X-Note Galaxy S5 Port for Note 3 v2.5. I had a few struggles with the UI but I got through almost everything. I love the galaxy s5 features I now have without losing the Galaxy Note 3 features as well.

The PROBLEM:

Mobile data.

Connecting to the LTE network here takes really long and rarely unstable. My main problem is wifi hotspot tethering to my laptop. I used to tether all the time without any problems with the original rom. But since I flashed, I could still connect to my phone but my phone doesn't recognize it and the connection's data drops after 1 minute all the time. Please help!

Solutions attempted:

1. I tried flashing the modem md5 file that's XXUENC2 - same as the original - but it didn't change in the Baseband section in the settings. I'm surprised the data still works on the phone itself but only tethers for 1 minute then drops the data and the connection becomes 'limited' on the tethered laptop.

2. I also tried flashing the modem md5 file from the original Galaxy S5 ROM. It failed and didn't install.

Please help me! I love all the features on the X Note S5 Port ROM but this is my only concern! Please help! Thanks!

LXXSXNNY
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Update

As of now LTE / Mobile data is still very difficult to get but it does get connected sometimes. I try toggling the Mobile connection from just GSM to LTE to get connected. And seems to work sometimes.

My main problem still persists with the 1 minute data drop on hotspot. Please help! Thanks!

LXXSXNNY
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Update

UPDATE: On a side note, X Note's Ultra Power Saving Mode also restarts my Google Now Launcher and leaves it blank for some reason.