[Q] How do i recover data from a soft bricked note 3?

OP 1H4X3R

24th August 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I want to keep pictures and such files although recovering the apps would also be great if that is possible.
I have everything saved onto the internal SD card as i do not YET own an external one (although i already ordered a class 10 samsung 64GB one).

If it helps, here is the background story:

I downloaded this: Type www . datafilehost . com / d / 58831a1e without the spaces.
When i installed it then my phone crashed and i can only get into recovery and download mode if connected to a computer.
My warranty is void (0x1) because of rooting.
I have many pictures from my holiday (which will come to an end tomorrow) and i didn't back them up.

I did some research and apparently if i flash the OEM rom then my data will not be deleted. I am currently downloading it.

I tried the following programs: remo recover, wondershare dr.fone for android and yodot file recovery (this one didn't work because of a SwS error). I can try yodot on my mac though (i currently dual boot mac and win 7).
EDIT: Yodot doesn't recognize phone (installed it on mac).

My phone is the samsung galaxy note 3 sm-n9005 (international).

Is there any way other than the two (or does the OEM rom using ODIN work, as i haven't gotten confirmation that that method works?)?
Last edited by 1H4X3R; 24th August 2014 at 10:24 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread