[Q] How do i recover data from a soft bricked note 3?

OP 1H4X3R

24th August 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I want to keep pictures and such files although recovering the apps would also be great if that is possible.
I have everything saved onto the internal SD card as i do not YET own an external one (although i already ordered a class 10 samsung 64GB one).

If it helps, here is the background story:

I downloaded this: Type www . datafilehost . com / d / 58831a1e without the spaces.
When i installed it then my phone crashed and i can only get into recovery and download mode if connected to a computer.
My warranty is void (0x1) because of rooting.
I have many pictures from my holiday (which will come to an end tomorrow) and i didn't back them up.

I did some research and apparently if i flash the OEM rom then my data will not be deleted. I am currently downloading it.

I tried the following programs: remo recover, wondershare dr.fone for android and yodot file recovery (this one didn't work because of a SwS error). I can try yodot on my mac though (i currently dual boot mac and win 7).
EDIT: Yodot doesn't recognize phone (installed it on mac).

My phone is the samsung galaxy note 3 sm-n9005 (international).

Is there any way other than the two (or does the OEM rom using ODIN work, as i haven't gotten confirmation that that method works?)?
Last edited by 1H4X3R; 24th August 2014 at 10:24 AM.
23rd October 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Thumbs up Restoring soft-bricked Note 3
I faced the same problem and tried multiple solutions. The one that worked was reinstalling CW recovery through Odin. The phone restarted normally
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread