Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] how can I sort out apk installation problem?

Tip us?

Ash1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] how can I sort out apk installation problem?

Hi guys.
I don't know if anyone else has had this issue with downloading apk files from unknown sources.
OK so whenever I download any apk from sources other than the playstore. I know I should check the 'download from unknown sources' in the security section in the settings menu.
However when I press onto the apk and the installation manager asks to either 'install' or 'cancel' I try to press install but it doesn't work... Like no reaction on the screen... It's as if the screen is locked. But when I press the cancel button it works N hence apk isn't installed....

Does anyone have any solutions to this please let me know.
Thanks

I have attached a screenshot of which button doesn't work.

Your help would be much appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshots_2014-07-06-18-18-11.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	2836378  

speedyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Get rid of that task killer for starters! You dont need it, you're just killing apps that are gonna start up again so you're going round in circles. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ash1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyjay View Post
Get rid of that task killer for starters! You dont need it, you're just killing apps that are gonna start up again so you're going round in circles. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks mate it does make sense, I shall be deleting that.
And regarding the problem, after trying just about everything I wondered if my lock screen widget (echo) could have anything to do with it. So I deleted it, and presto! Install button is working!

I guess it was the widget app somehow messing with the touchscreen function on the phone.

For anyone having problems similar to what I had get rid of any lock screen widgets, screen dimmers etc.

Tc.