Ask a question

No registration required

Help! Security Policy Updates

OP Graffiti Exploit

8th August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 92

356 posts
I need some help, it started lasted night out of the blue.
This message "Unfortunately, Security policy updates has stopped" keeps appearing out of nowhere. See attachment.
I didn't even do any tweaking at that time. No one seems to have this problem when I google it lol.

What I did now is that I froze all knox apps via Titanium but it still appears.
Just now I disabled automatic updates on Settings> Security. Hopefully this works. But still I want to find out why now of all the time.

Latest tweak I did was install 1.2 UPSM which I didn't use at all at that time interval.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-08-06-11-21.png
Views:	34
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	2888556  
Last edited by Graffiti Exploit; 8th August 2014 at 02:15 AM.
4th September 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #2  
Flag Johannesburg
Thanks Meter: 42

213 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffiti Exploit

I need some help, it started lasted night out of the blue.
This message "Unfortunately, Security policy updates has stopped" keeps appearing out of nowhere. See attachment.
I didn't even do any tweaking at that time. No one seems to have this problem when I google it lol.

What I did now is that I froze all knox apps via Titanium but it still appears.
Just now I disabled automatic updates on Settings> Security. Hopefully this works. But still I want to find out why now of all the time.

Latest tweak I did was install 1.2 UPSM which I didn't use at all at that time interval.

Hi.

I have the same problem started yesterday.

Did you manage to get it fixed?

So i downloaded this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disableservice

And went to system apps scrolled down to security policy updates and disabled all the check boxes. And looks like it is working.
Last edited by FdeKlerk; 4th September 2014 at 08:22 AM.
4th September 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

356 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeKlerk

Hi.

I have the same problem started yesterday.

Did you manage to get it fixed?

So i downloaded this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disableservice

And went to system apps scrolled down to security policy updates and disabled all the check boxes. And looks like it is working.

Hi, I found out the cause of the problem was with the experimental features of greenify. I disabled it all and it have not appeared anymore. Hope it helps!
4th September 2014, 11:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag Johannesburg

213 posts
More
Quote:

Hi, I found out the cause of the problem was with the experimental features of greenify. I disabled it all and it have not appeared anymore. Hope it helps!

I do not have greenify. But will look into the cause thanks.
4th September 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

356 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeKlerk

I do not have greenify. But will look into the cause thanks.

Hope this helps but the cause for me was because greenify could "hibernate" system apps. Maybe you have an app that has the same level of access. Or it could be one of the other "experimental features". The only thing I'm sure of that it had access to system processes. I didn't install any apps to fix it, only disabled the experimental feature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Graffiti Exploit For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Johannesburg

213 posts
More
Quote:

Hope this helps but the cause for me was because greenify could "hibernate" system apps. Maybe you have an app that has the same level of access. Or it could be one of the other "experimental features". The only thing I'm sure of that it had access to system processes. I didn't install any apps to fix it, only disabled the experimental feature.

That does indeed help me.

I have a few app using system app resources. But thanks for the info and tip will look into my xposed app list and supersu list to see what uses what.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread