Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,630 Members 39,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Security Policy Updates

Tip us?

Graffiti Exploit
Old
(Last edited by Graffiti Exploit; 8th August 2014 at 01:15 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default Help! Security Policy Updates

I need some help, it started lasted night out of the blue.
This message "Unfortunately, Security policy updates has stopped" keeps appearing out of nowhere. See attachment.
I didn't even do any tweaking at that time. No one seems to have this problem when I google it lol.

What I did now is that I froze all knox apps via Titanium but it still appears.
Just now I disabled automatic updates on Settings> Security. Hopefully this works. But still I want to find out why now of all the time.

Latest tweak I did was install 1.2 UPSM which I didn't use at all at that time interval.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-08-06-11-21.png
Views:	25
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	2888556  

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Rooted | Xposed | Greenified | AEL Kernel 7.8 at 2.8GHz | 10Hrs. Screen-On Time Set-up
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus - CarbonROM 4.4.2 R2 | Rooted | Greenified
Nokia Lumia 520 - Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan Firmware

FdeKlerk
Old
(Last edited by FdeKlerk; 4th September 2014 at 07:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graffiti Exploit View Post
I need some help, it started lasted night out of the blue.
This message "Unfortunately, Security policy updates has stopped" keeps appearing out of nowhere. See attachment.
I didn't even do any tweaking at that time. No one seems to have this problem when I google it lol.

What I did now is that I froze all knox apps via Titanium but it still appears.
Just now I disabled automatic updates on Settings> Security. Hopefully this works. But still I want to find out why now of all the time.

Latest tweak I did was install 1.2 UPSM which I didn't use at all at that time interval.
Hi.

I have the same problem started yesterday.

Did you manage to get it fixed?

So i downloaded this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disableservice

And went to system apps scrolled down to security policy updates and disabled all the check boxes. And looks like it is working.

IF I HELPED YOU, PLEASE SAY THANKS!

Graffiti Exploit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeKlerk View Post
Hi.

I have the same problem started yesterday.

Did you manage to get it fixed?

So i downloaded this app - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...disableservice

And went to system apps scrolled down to security policy updates and disabled all the check boxes. And looks like it is working.
Hi, I found out the cause of the problem was with the experimental features of greenify. I disabled it all and it have not appeared anymore. Hope it helps!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Rooted | Xposed | Greenified | AEL Kernel 7.8 at 2.8GHz | 10Hrs. Screen-On Time Set-up

FdeKlerk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hi, I found out the cause of the problem was with the experimental features of greenify. I disabled it all and it have not appeared anymore. Hope it helps!
I do not have greenify. But will look into the cause thanks.

Graffiti Exploit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by FdeKlerk View Post
I do not have greenify. But will look into the cause thanks.
Hope this helps but the cause for me was because greenify could "hibernate" system apps. Maybe you have an app that has the same level of access. Or it could be one of the other "experimental features". The only thing I'm sure of that it had access to system processes. I didn't install any apps to fix it, only disabled the experimental feature.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to Graffiti Exploit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FdeKlerk
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Hope this helps but the cause for me was because greenify could "hibernate" system apps. Maybe you have an app that has the same level of access. Or it could be one of the other "experimental features". The only thing I'm sure of that it had access to system processes. I didn't install any apps to fix it, only disabled the experimental feature.
That does indeed help me.

I have a few app using system app resources. But thanks for the info and tip will look into my xposed app list and supersu list to see what uses what.