Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,959 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IMEI null and Baseband Unknown, No SIM detected on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm n900

Tip us?

rabinpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy [Q] IMEI null and Baseband Unknown, No SIM detected on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm n900

Hello developers,
I found the exact same problem posted on xda developers fourm but none of the posts were answered completely or solved.
I rooted my Sm n900 without any problems, installed CWM recovery, installed SuperSu and installed VN Rom for galaxy note 3 (referred this from some Chinese guy on web (since i cant post third party links) its galaxynote3root dot com.

At first i didnt check efs backup option and installed VN rom without any problems (no imei loss or baseband unknown) on my own phone.

But when rooted one of my friends SM n900 with exact same method as i did earlier (but i checked create efs backup this time), i got screwed.
I tried EFS professional, but when i try to put his phone in RMNET + DM + MODEM by pressing *#0808#, and run efs software, and click either qualcommn or efs professional button, it doesnt recognise the device and says not connected.

I tried various other options as well such as rerooting, reinstalling the rom, reinstalling OEM rom, and other roms as well. Every thing is fin except IMEI and baseband null/unknown.

bonebeatz1234
Old
Thanks Meter 175
I had a problem like that. On my note 2 .i flashed patition file in odin and it was fixed.

rabinpro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeatz1234 View Post
I had a problem like that. On my note 2 .i flashed patition file in odin and it was fixed.
Which partition? EFS? Problem is, now i dont have any backups of EFS partition or folder. I am trying to flash modem via odin from phone mode. After that i will have tried everything and will be stuck with a bricked cell forever

caichettrang
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinpro View Post
Which partition? EFS? Problem is, now i dont have any backups of EFS partition or folder. I am trying to flash modem via odin from phone mode. After that i will have tried everything and will be stuck with a bricked cell forever
you should bring to the service center to record the IMEI number.