Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] IMEI null and Baseband Unknown, No SIM detected on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 sm n900

OP rabinpro

10th August 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello developers,
I found the exact same problem posted on xda developers fourm but none of the posts were answered completely or solved.
I rooted my Sm n900 without any problems, installed CWM recovery, installed SuperSu and installed VN Rom for galaxy note 3 (referred this from some Chinese guy on web (since i cant post third party links) its galaxynote3root dot com.

At first i didnt check efs backup option and installed VN rom without any problems (no imei loss or baseband unknown) on my own phone.

But when rooted one of my friends SM n900 with exact same method as i did earlier (but i checked create efs backup this time), i got screwed.
I tried EFS professional, but when i try to put his phone in RMNET + DM + MODEM by pressing *#0808#, and run efs software, and click either qualcommn or efs professional button, it doesnt recognise the device and says not connected.

I tried various other options as well such as rerooting, reinstalling the rom, reinstalling OEM rom, and other roms as well. Every thing is fin except IMEI and baseband null/unknown.
10th August 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #2  
rockford,il
Thanks Meter: 188

977 posts
I had a problem like that. On my note 2 .i flashed patition file in odin and it was fixed.
10th August 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonebeatz1234

I had a problem like that. On my note 2 .i flashed patition file in odin and it was fixed.

Which partition? EFS? Problem is, now i dont have any backups of EFS partition or folder. I am trying to flash modem via odin from phone mode. After that i will have tried everything and will be stuck with a bricked cell forever
11th August 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinpro

Which partition? EFS? Problem is, now i dont have any backups of EFS partition or folder. I am trying to flash modem via odin from phone mode. After that i will have tried everything and will be stuck with a bricked cell forever

you should bring to the service center to record the IMEI number.
10th November 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag dehradun
Thanks Meter: 9

72 posts
More
root your device and flash xxuene1 modem from recovery.
Modem is available on xda..search
I did the same and it worked for me
The Following User Says Thank You to adwitmishra17@gmail.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread