Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,192 Members 38,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need a kernel.

Tip us?

siriom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Need a kernel.

Hi .
Im looking for a samsung kernel with selinux turned off. It doesnt need to be special , or have special stuff included ... something like stock but with selinux disabled so i can install linux on my note 3.
Ive looked around and found that some of the most known ones might have selinux permissive but list stuff like "random reboots while using phone" or "sms not working" or "freezes up with any language except usa english"... I kinda use my phone so does anyone have a stock kernel with simply selinux as permissive that actually still allows the phone to work normally ?
SM-N9005 international note 3 , rooted with knox 0x0 atm.
Thanks

ckoon93
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Lean kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriom View Post
Hi .
Im looking for a samsung kernel with selinux turned off. It doesnt need to be special , or have special stuff included ... something like stock but with selinux disabled so i can install linux on my note 3.
Ive looked around and found that some of the most known ones might have selinux permissive but list stuff like "random reboots while using phone" or "sms not working" or "freezes up with any language except usa english"... I kinda use my phone so does anyone have a stock kernel with simply selinux as permissive that actually still allows the phone to work normally ?
Thanks
Lean kernel is the best!!

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

ultimate kernel is also one of the best kernel out there

verny94
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriom View Post
Hi .
Thanks
1. Best or recomended is not allowed on XDA
2. If you want to flash custom kernel it requieres custom recovery and it triggered Knox to 0x1
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Omega ROM (4.3) v59; Boeffla kernel 5.3; TWRP recovery; Nova launcher Prime; S5 theme; Xposed
Hit a thanks button, when I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to verny94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

siriom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94 View Post
1. Best or recomended is not allowed on XDA
2. If you want to flash custom kernel it requieres custom recovery and it triggered Knox to 0x1
Since i kind of dont know all the roms of there i need someone to recomend something and im aware of the risks...

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,000

DONATE TO ME
Thread closed as its a recommend/best kernel thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe