Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 50,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

problems with Rogers data lte/3g with asop roms

Tip us?

Naruto101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default problems with Rogers data lte/3g with asop roms

ever since i switched to an asop rom my lte and 3g signal has dropped dramatically. I have rogers, played with mulitple apn settings etc. any help boys ? is there fix i can flash?

Bibz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto101 View Post
ever since i switched to an asop rom my lte and 3g signal has dropped dramatically. I have rogers, played with mulitple apn settings etc. any help boys ? is there fix i can flash?
Hi,

The first thing would be to check your CSC and modem firmware. Use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to get all major info about the phone. It is important to know when you are going to flash another stock firmware.

I had issues last week with data and it was caused by bad CSC/modem. Flashed everything back to stock with official firmwares from SamMobile and it fixed my issues. After that, I was able to flash my custom ROM and everything is smooth sailing since then.

Let me know if you require more help.

Naruto101
Old
(Last edited by Naruto101; 6th July 2014 at 02:49 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibz0r View Post
Hi,

The first thing would be to check your CSC and modem firmware. Use Phone INFO ★Samsung★ app to get all major info about the phone. It is important to know when you are going to flash another stock firmware.

I had issues last week with data and it was caused by bad CSC/modem. Flashed everything back to stock with official firmwares from SamMobile and it fixed my issues. After that, I was able to flash my custom ROM and everything is smooth sailing since then.

Let me know if you require more help.
Thanks for help bro. I took a screen shot of my info. I'm not sure why it shows bmc when I downloaded the rwc files. And is the product code correct?, also I never seen the code for csc modem before. Is it not suppose to match baseband, pda, bootloader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-08-43-15.png
Views:	20
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	2836026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-08-46-58.png
Views:	12
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	2836029  

Bibz0r
Old
(Last edited by Bibz0r; 6th July 2014 at 03:53 PM.) Reason: Misread
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Everything is good, you're almost there.

You have the right firmware but now you need to fix your CSC. The stock ROM is multi CSC so Rogers (RWC) is already installed but it chooses Bell (BMC) by default. What you can try :

- Power off your phone
- Remove SIM card and power on (your phone will start and say : no sim card)
- Power off and wait a moment
- Insert your Rogers SIM card and power on your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up, Home and Power on boot). If you have:

#manual mode#
--appling multi-csc...
applied the csc code : RWC
successfully applied multi-csc

That means that your CSC has been changed to Rogers. Problem should be fixed.

If not, the app you downloaded contains a CSC Changer but it will wipe your data. Make sure to have backups beforehand.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Naruto101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Everything is good, you're almost there.

You have the right firmware but now you need to fix your CSC. The stock ROM is multi CSC so Rogers (RWC) is already installed but it chooses Bell (BMC) by default. What you can try :

- Power off your phone
- Remove SIM card and power on (your phone will start and say : no sim card)
- Power off and wait a moment
- Insert your Rogers SIM card and power on your phone in Recovery Mode (Volume Up, Home and Power on boot). If you have:

#manual mode#
--appling multi-csc...
applied the csc code : RWC
successfully applied multi-csc

That means that your CSC has been changed to Rogers. Problem should be fixed.

If not, the app you downloaded contains a CSC Changer but it will wipe your data. Make sure to have backups beforehand.

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks for all the help man, did the sim thing and it just loaded me into twrp and i didnt see an option so I changed it via the app. Same thing still got the 4G and bell bloat. But csc now says bmc/rwc
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-06-10-28-00.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	2836162  

Bibz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Ok. Try this now :

You must dial the following key sequence to bring up a regional carrier menu: *#272*[IMEI]# (that is *#272* (your IMEI number) #) - You'll find your IMEI in the Phone Info app.

When the menu comes up, select the regional code for Rogers RWC. The phone will now go through a reset/boot sequence and come this time, it should read the APN settings from your SIM card and viola, you now have LTE. If you do not see LTE but 3G, you will need to ensure your APN settings are correct and then go into the Network Mode and ensure you have LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto mode) selected.

Let me know how it goes.

Naruto101
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Ok. Try this now :

You must dial the following key sequence to bring up a regional carrier menu: *#272*[IMEI]# (that is *#272* (your IMEI number) #) - You'll find your IMEI in the Phone Info app.

When the menu comes up, select the regional code for Rogers RWC. The phone will now go through a reset/boot sequence and come this time, it should read the APN settings from your SIM card and viola, you now have LTE. If you do not see LTE but 3G, you will need to ensure your APN settings are correct and then go into the Network Mode and ensure you have LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto mode) selected.

Let me know how it goes.
I actually did the last sstep you mentioned below this morning (found the steps online ) and it still didn't work lol, so technically when i did it in the app it was my second time restarting the phone.Not sure what's going wrong here. Seems like bmc still lingers around. Haha don't give up on me

Bibz0r
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto101 View Post
I actually did the last sstep you mentioned below this morning (found the steps online ) and it still didn't work lol, so technically when i did it in the app it was my second time restarting the phone.Not sure what's going wrong here. Seems like bmc still lingers around. Haha don't give up on me
Don't worry, I'm not giving up on you

When you flashed back to stock ROM, did you do a full wipe before?
It is really important that you do a full wipe so that it doesn't leave any traces of your old installs.

Try to flash via Odin (while your phone is on Download Mode). Check the AP and the CSC box and input the stock file from SamMobile.

Let me know if it fixes it.