Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 42,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MIUI for Note 3 - Talk & Troubleshooting

Tip us?

Pumå
Old
(Last edited by Pumå; 8th July 2014 at 10:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default MIUI for Note 3 - Talk & Troubleshooting

Hello,

I installed the official MIUI 4.7.4 build on my Note 3 N9005, all I get is a black screen after a reboot. I can get to Downloadmode and CWM recovery, so I got that going at least ^^

Things I have done:
- Flash via CWM
- I did the regular wipes and clearups
- I waited about an hour for the first boot, but nothing
- 2 restarts with 30 minutes waiting time for boot each, but nothing
- Installed it again after wiping a second time

The version is for N9005 (which I have), so this couldn't be the problem either. The downloaded file is also complete and not corrupted or anything. What did go wrong?

Edit: Solved. Philz Recovery was required for install.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pumå For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sammath
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumå View Post
Hello,

I installed the official MIUI 4.7.4 build on my Note 3 N9005, all I get is a black screen after a reboot. I can get to Downloadmode and CWM recovery, so I got that going at least ^^

Things I have done:
- Flash via CWM
- I did the regular wipes and clearups
- I waited about an hour for the first boot, but nothing
- 2 restarts with 30 minutes waiting time for boot each, but nothing
- Installed it again after wiping a second time

The version is for N9005 (which I have), so this couldn't be the problem either. The downloaded file is also complete and not corrupted or anything. What did go wrong?
I read you need phillz recovery.
Where did you download it? I can't find a link

Sent from my SM-N9005 beast of a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sammath For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pumå
Old
(Last edited by Pumå; 5th July 2014 at 08:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammath View Post
I read you need phillz recovery.
Where did you download it? I can't find a link

Yeah, I read that too somewhere. I will report later if it worked with Philz Recovery

Edit: Awesome, it worked!

To anyone encountering the same issue: Replace your CWM recovery with Philz Recovery, and install MIUI with Philz Recovery...then it should work!

You will be stuck in the bootanimation after the MIUI install, wait 10-15 minutes first, if nothing happens, just press and hold the Power-off button until the phone shuts down and restarts again. Then MIUI shouldn't be stuck anymore.

First impressions: Bloody brilliant! Everyone loving a beautiful lightweight Android should get MIUI!

Everything seems to work fine. Make sure you install Google Apps alongside MIUI.

Samsung features: S Pen works perfectly, you just won't see the floating pointer indicating where you are. As it is the first version, it will be only a matter of time seeing MIUI builds with that kind of adjustments for the Note 3 So exited!

camaxa
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumå View Post
Yeah, I read that too somewhere. I will report later if it worked with Philz Recovery

Edit: Awesome, it worked!

To anyone encountering the same issue: Replace your CWM recovery with Philz Recovery, and install MIUI with Philz Recovery...then it should work!

You will be stuck in the bootanimation after the MIUI install, wait 10-15 minutes first, if nothing happens, just press and hold the Power-off button until the phone shuts down and restarts again. Then MIUI shouldn't be stuck anymore.

First impressions: Bloody brilliant! Everyone loving a beautiful lightweight Android should get MIUI!

Everything seems to work fine. Make sure you install Google Apps alongside MIUI.

Samsung features: S Pen works perfectly, you just won't see the floating pointer indicating where you are. As it is the first version, it will be only a matter of time seeing MIUI builds with that kind of adjustments for the Note 3 So exited!
to have S pen and all it´s glory we need a ported version of MIUI in a TW base.. ( PLEASE IF ANYONE COULD DO THIS)

this one for sure is CM base...

btw tried it very good rom
Phone: Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)

Baseband: XXUENE3

Rom Version:9.0

Kernel: Stock (Need Screen Mirror )

Theme:RED

ROM:

btimeh
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Battery impression

Pumå
Old
(Last edited by Pumå; 6th July 2014 at 08:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
@btimeh

The battery life is amazing in MIUI - it was one of the things I was watching first.

I seem to get about 1 to 2 hours more of battery life compared to any of my previous TouchWiz ROMs like X-Note or Omega...well it is obvious because MIUI is very lightweight and isn't filled with junk or features noone uses. MIUI is also faster than anything you have seen.

I am using the stock Kernel and get these good results. And that with the first MIUI version ever, who knows how even better it can get in the future.

Yes, there are some bugs for now, but these things will be fixed soon. For being the first version, it amazes me how good everything is already

btimeh
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Great,will test asap.

Sammath
Old
Thanks Meter 98
I tested the rom and put back my backup. This is close to daily use but for some reason I can't use whatsapp. It will fc and Google playstore does fc as well after you've installed it. Also I keep getting that my system storage is full (even though it's not) still as smooth as ever tho, just not rdy for daily use yet. We'll at least not for me

Pumå
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammath View Post
I tested the rom and put back my backup. This is close to daily use but for some reason I can't use whatsapp. It will fc and Google playstore does fc as well after you've installed it. Also I keep getting that my system storage is full (even though it's not) still as smooth as ever tho, just not rdy for daily use yet. We'll at least not for me

Yeah, WhatsApp isn't working. But they will fix it soon.

All Google Apps do work though, which version did you install? I installed the gapps-stock 4.4.2 (20140608), everything works fine.

Your system storage shows to be full? That is strange, I don't know what could have been the cause. I had something like that on some other ROM in the past, I wiped the internal SD card and formatted /system with CWM, then installed again (make sure keeping the .zip files on external SD ^^). It had worked for me.

Sammath
Old
Thanks Meter 98
I did wipe everything. I installed the rom 3 times just to try. I'll wait till whatsapp works in the following update and I'm ready to use this baby daily