Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005 not getting any signal?

Tip us?

Cheesus182
Old
(Last edited by Cheesus182; 2nd July 2014 at 07:41 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] N9005 not getting any signal?

Hey guys,

I know this is a fairly "common" question but im a bit stuck.

I just bought my N9005 (second hand) and it cant get any cell reception. 4G, 3G and Edge are all working perfectly but I can not make calls. When ever I try to make a call it says "No mobile network available"
If I go to Settings and choose a network, a notification will pop up saying "No service" and below "Selected netwrok (BASE) unavailable".

Now I flashed CM11 and factory reset the phone but now when I choose a mobile network, it will endlessly say Registering on Base.
Eventually it registers but gives me the same error as mentioned above.

I have checked if the IMEI is set to null like it seems to be the case on some phones but its not and after checking the IMEI it isnt blacklisted either.

I found some file called "WriteIMEI.zip" on the phone if that is any indication to what is going on with this phone?

Please refrain from all the comments about paying more attention when buying phones, im looking for help please.

Thank you.

EDIT: I found this on google, I dont know what it means but maybe someone could elaborate
Quote:
N9005 AND N900w8 are Similer You can Reset EFS and repair IMEI and 3g Network for N9005 in N900w8

AO7
Old
Thanks Meter 19
1. Backup efs,fsc,fsg partitions using efsbackup (thread in forum).
2. Do not ever flash anything before doing step 1.
3. Ask seller what this writeimei.zip is about.
4. Post his answer here
5. (Optionally - do step 1 to 4 before flashing) flash back to stock. If the phone was originally bought you most likely need the Luxemburg rom.
SM-N9005ZKELUX - Bootloader & Modem N9005XXUDMJ7 - Temasek CM11 & kernel