Stock NG1 rom/root confusion

OP thedan55

4th September 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38

497 posts
hey everyone couple of questions

im currently on stock nb7 with lean kernel

im getting some issues so i want to go back to scratch. ive seen on sam updates this is the latest version for BTU N9005XXUGNG1. is this the latest one?

im wondering if BTU s the correct one for me? im currently using btu and have been since ive gotten this phone. (just something id like to confirm.)

also ive seen a few threads about issues rooting NG1? this is the thread im referring to,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150.

ive already tripped knox as soon as i got this phone so im not concerned with that.

the method i know for flashing stock is,

1.open odin 3
2.connect phone (just did that and odin sees 0:com5 (so thats good)
3. click on pda and load the tar/md5 file and click start
4. to root, load cf auto root file in pda mode and click send
5. flash twrp via mobile odin

any mistakes?

edit: also and rom recommendations, i currently looking at bobcat,echoe,x-note, x-note s5 port
Last edited by thedan55; 4th September 2014 at 08:33 PM.
4th September 2014, 08:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 34

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedan55

hey everyone couple of questions

im currently on stock nb7 with lean kernel

im getting some issues so i want to go back to scratch. ive seen on sam updates this is the latest version for BTU N9005XXUGNG1. is this the latest one?

im wondering if BTU s the correct one for me? im currently using btu and have been since ive gotten this phone. (just something id like to confirm.)

also ive seen a few threads about issues rooting NG1? this is the thread im referring to,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-knox-t2840150.

ive already tripped knox as soon as i got this phone so im not concerned with that.

the method i know for flashing stock is,

1.open odin 3
2.connect phone (just did that and odin sees 0:com5 (so thats good)
3. click on pda and load the tar/md5 file and click start
4. to root, load cf auto root file in pda mode and click send
5. flash twrp via mobile odin

any mistakes?

edit: also and rom recommendations, i currently looking at bobcat,echoe,x-note, x-note s5 port

The method done in your link was to enable the use of towelroot which does not trip knox when rooting. But at the same time it does not work on new firmwares like the NG1. BTU is fine, but if you want to try other ones then there are some ROMS with multi-csc via aroma. I'm no longer into TW roms, but was on XNote v16 before, pretty good for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005
The Following User Says Thank You to jdgamble For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble

The method done in your link was to enable the use of towelroot which does not trip knox when rooting. But at the same time it does not work on new firmwares like the NG1. BTU is fine, but if you want to try other ones then there are some ROMS with multi-csc via aroma. I'm no longer into TW roms, but was on XNote v16 before, pretty good for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005

so to root NG1 i use odin 3 and cf auto root correct?? what rom are you currently using? whats the use of multi csc?
4th September 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag Philippines

157 posts
More
Quote:

so to root NG1 i use odin 3 and cf auto root correct?? what rom are you currently using? whats the use of multi csc?

Well since you've already tripped knox then yes, cf autoroot is a go. Wait, how did you triP knox and not be rooted? Do you have custom recovery? if yes, then some ROMS come pre-rooted and can be flashed through custom recovery. I'm on Temasek CM11, rock solid stable rom. About csc, i suggest staying with your current csc which is BTU.

Sent from my SM-N9005
4th September 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgamble

Well since you've already tripped knox then yes, cf autoroot is a go. Wait, how did you triP knox and not be rooted? Do you have custom recovery? if yes, then some ROMS come pre-rooted and can be flashed through custom recovery. I'm on Temasek CM11, rock solid stable rom. About csc, i suggest staying with your current csc which is BTU.

Sent from my SM-N9005

No I am rooted and I have a custom recovery. You mean some stock roms come pre rooted? That would be helpful. Just flash through recovery. Doesn't flashing the official stock, update more, like the bootloader etc. Would flashing a stock rooted room be the same as flashing official
4th September 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Philippines

157 posts
More
Quote:

No I am rooted and I have a custom recovery. You mean some stock roms come pre rooted? That would be helpful. Just flash through recovery. Doesn't flashing the official stock, update more, like the bootloader etc. Would flashing a stock rooted room be the same as flashing official

No, custom ROMS come pre-rooted. Flashing official from Samsung should always be done via odin. Now, flashing custom rom can be done through custom recovery or depends on the instruction of the developer.

Sent from my SM-N9005
4th September 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Yeah. Thought you were talking about official. Cool thanks for the help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread