FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

N9005 Warranty Seal Under The Backcover

1,148 posts
Thanks Meter: 664
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Alright, second day with my new Note 3 and already have kind of a problem. I saw a video of someone disassembling a Note 3 and as he took off the backcover he said that there actually has to be a warranty seal wich he had removed already. I immediately took off the backcover of mine to check it. Effing surprise, there is no warranty seal?! Does yours have a warranty seal? Find the image in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140710-WA0000.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	2844196  
 
 
10th July 2014, 05:21 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Nope, mine looks exactly the same as yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to toxic34 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 09:38 AM |#3  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 8,454
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous²

Alright, second day with my new Note 3 and already have kind of a problem. I saw a video of someone disassembling a Note 3 and as he took off the backcover he said that there actually has to be a warranty seal wich he had removed already. I immediately took off the backcover of mine to check it. Effing surprise, there is no warranty seal?! Does yours have a warranty seal? Find the image in the attachment.

Hmm, on mine it looks different.. I have a moisture indicator in that area and no screw.

However mine is probably different as I have the N900W8 variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 01:14 PM |#4  
Someguyfromhell's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,065
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous²

Alright, second day with my new Note 3 and already have kind of a problem. I saw a video of someone disassembling a Note 3 and as he took off the backcover he said that there actually has to be a warranty seal wich he had removed already. I immediately took off the backcover of mine to check it. Effing surprise, there is no warranty seal?! Does yours have a warranty seal? Find the image in the attachment.

Looks the same for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 01:26 AM |#5  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,230
 
More
Same here, no sticker. Mine came in a fully sealed box, so no tampering possible.

It has something to do with how the EU enforced warranty disregards broken warranty stickers. There's no need for the stickers, as they have to provide a full factory-fault warranty unless THEY can show you caused the damage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 02:00 PM |#6  
nitrous²'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag The Grid
Thanks Meter: 664
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Same here, no sticker. Mine came in a fully sealed box, so no tampering possible.

It has something to do with how the EU enforced warranty disregards broken warranty stickers. There's no need for the stickers, as they have to provide a full factory-fault warranty unless THEY can show you caused the damage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all.

FYI:
Within the first six months, the onus lies with the corporate body, in this case, Samsung. But once those six months have passed, the burden of proof is being reversed wich means, I have to show and proove Samsung that a devices malfunction is caused by them and not me. This is how it goes in germany and several parts of the EU.
12th July 2014, 04:17 PM |#7  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,230
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous²

Thank you all.

FYI:
Within the first six months, the onus lies with the corporate body, in this case, Samsung. But once those six months have passed, the burden of proof is being reversed wich means, I have to show and proove Samsung that a devices malfunction is caused by them and not me. This is how it goes in germany and several parts of the EU.


That's how sellers interpret the wording and abuse the misunderstanding of the consumer, not the actual law.

How the EU Directive 1999/44/EC states it.

Article 5,
1. The seller shall be held liable under Article 3 where the
lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years as from
delivery of the goods. If, under national legislation, the rights
laid down in Article 3(2) are subject to a limitation period, that
period shall not expire within a period of two years from the
time of delivery.

2. Member States may provide that, in order to benefit from his rights, the consumer must inform the seller of the lack of conformity within a period of two months from the date on which he detected such lack of conformity.

3. Unless proved otherwise, any lack of conformity which becomes apparent within six months of delivery of the goods shall be presumed to have existed at the time of delivery unless this presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods or the nature of the lack of conformity.


(http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...384110&from=EN)

It means, in the first 6 months after purchase, the fault has to be immediately assumed to be factory-based. (Unless there is a clear lack conformity with the contract. ie. water damage, drop damage, clear indications of taking a screwdriver to it, etc.)

It does NOT state the consumer has to prove it afterwards. Some member states have rulings on this. (For exmple, portugal has extended this to 2 years.)
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 04:36 PM |#8  
nitrous²'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag The Grid
Thanks Meter: 664
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

That's how sellers interpret the wording and abuse the misunderstanding of the consumer, not the actual law.

How the EU Directive 1999/44/EC states it.

Article 5,
1. The seller shall be held liable under Article 3 where the
lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years as from
delivery of the goods. If, under national legislation, the rights
laid down in Article 3(2) are subject to a limitation period, that
period shall not expire within a period of two years from the
time of delivery.

2. Member States may provide that, in order to benefit from his rights, the consumer must inform the seller of the lack of conformity within a period of two months from the date on which he detected such lack of conformity.

3. Unless proved otherwise, any lack of conformity which becomes apparent within six months of delivery of the goods shall be presumed to have existed at the time of delivery unless this presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods or the nature of the lack of conformity.


(http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...384110&from=EN)

It means, in the first 6 months after purchase, the fault has to be immediately assumed to be factory-based. (Unless there is a clear lack conformity with the contract. ie. water damage, drop damage, clear indications of taking a screwdriver to it, etc.)

It does NOT state the consumer has to prove it afterwards. Some member states have rulings on this. (For exmple, portugal has extended this to 2 years.)

Thanks for the clearification. Now I see where I did wrong. I was assuming that the consumer has to prove that "the lack of conformity...existed at the time of delivery...". That is, as I see now, not the case. Thank you, really.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes