Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 38,091 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N9005 Warranty Seal Under The Backcover

Tip us?

nitrous²
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492
Default N9005 Warranty Seal Under The Backcover

Alright, second day with my new Note 3 and already have kind of a problem. I saw a video of someone disassembling a Note 3 and as he took off the backcover he said that there actually has to be a warranty seal wich he had removed already. I immediately took off the backcover of mine to check it. Effing surprise, there is no warranty seal?! Does yours have a warranty seal? Find the image in the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140710-WA0000.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	2844196  

toxic34
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Nope, mine looks exactly the same as yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to toxic34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 1,064

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous² View Post
Alright, second day with my new Note 3 and already have kind of a problem. I saw a video of someone disassembling a Note 3 and as he took off the backcover he said that there actually has to be a warranty seal wich he had removed already. I immediately took off the backcover of mine to check it. Effing surprise, there is no warranty seal?! Does yours have a warranty seal? Find the image in the attachment.
Hmm, on mine it looks different.. I have a moisture indicator in that area and no screw.

However mine is probably different as I have the N900W8 variant.
Problem with ROM? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 23/08, ak v34, TWRP 2.7.1.1

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v128, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,997

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Looks the same for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 781
Same here, no sticker. Mine came in a fully sealed box, so no tampering possible.

It has something to do with how the EU enforced warranty disregards broken warranty stickers. There's no need for the stickers, as they have to provide a full factory-fault warranty unless THEY can show you caused the damage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitrous²
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
Same here, no sticker. Mine came in a fully sealed box, so no tampering possible.

It has something to do with how the EU enforced warranty disregards broken warranty stickers. There's no need for the stickers, as they have to provide a full factory-fault warranty unless THEY can show you caused the damage.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
Thank you all.

FYI:
Within the first six months, the onus lies with the corporate body, in this case, Samsung. But once those six months have passed, the burden of proof is being reversed wich means, I have to show and proove Samsung that a devices malfunction is caused by them and not me. This is how it goes in germany and several parts of the EU.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 781
Quote:
Thank you all.

FYI:
Within the first six months, the onus lies with the corporate body, in this case, Samsung. But once those six months have passed, the burden of proof is being reversed wich means, I have to show and proove Samsung that a devices malfunction is caused by them and not me. This is how it goes in germany and several parts of the EU.

That's how sellers interpret the wording and abuse the misunderstanding of the consumer, not the actual law.

How the EU Directive 1999/44/EC states it.

Article 5,
1. The seller shall be held liable under Article 3 where the
lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years as from
delivery of the goods. If, under national legislation, the rights
laid down in Article 3(2) are subject to a limitation period, that
period shall not expire within a period of two years from the
time of delivery.

2. Member States may provide that, in order to benefit from his rights, the consumer must inform the seller of the lack of conformity within a period of two months from the date on which he detected such lack of conformity.

3. Unless proved otherwise, any lack of conformity which becomes apparent within six months of delivery of the goods shall be presumed to have existed at the time of delivery unless this presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods or the nature of the lack of conformity.

(http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...384110&from=EN)

It means, in the first 6 months after purchase, the fault has to be immediately assumed to be factory-based. (Unless there is a clear lack conformity with the contract. ie. water damage, drop damage, clear indications of taking a screwdriver to it, etc.)

It does NOT state the consumer has to prove it afterwards. Some member states have rulings on this. (For exmple, portugal has extended this to 2 years.)
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitrous²
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea View Post
That's how sellers interpret the wording and abuse the misunderstanding of the consumer, not the actual law.

How the EU Directive 1999/44/EC states it.

Article 5,
1. The seller shall be held liable under Article 3 where the
lack of conformity becomes apparent within two years as from
delivery of the goods. If, under national legislation, the rights
laid down in Article 3(2) are subject to a limitation period, that
period shall not expire within a period of two years from the
time of delivery.

2. Member States may provide that, in order to benefit from his rights, the consumer must inform the seller of the lack of conformity within a period of two months from the date on which he detected such lack of conformity.

3. Unless proved otherwise, any lack of conformity which becomes apparent within six months of delivery of the goods shall be presumed to have existed at the time of delivery unless this presumption is incompatible with the nature of the goods or the nature of the lack of conformity.

(http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...384110&from=EN)

It means, in the first 6 months after purchase, the fault has to be immediately assumed to be factory-based. (Unless there is a clear lack conformity with the contract. ie. water damage, drop damage, clear indications of taking a screwdriver to it, etc.)

It does NOT state the consumer has to prove it afterwards. Some member states have rulings on this. (For exmple, portugal has extended this to 2 years.)
Thanks for the clearification. Now I see where I did wrong. I was assuming that the consumer has to prove that "the lack of conformity...existed at the time of delivery...". That is, as I see now, not the case. Thank you, really.