FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[Q] N9005XXUFNF4 my battery drain is worse.(SORRY didn't see no Q)

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By terry1000, Junior Member on 13th July 2014, 10:33 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.
Last edited by terry1000; 13th July 2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: didn't see no questions
 
 
13th July 2014, 10:55 AM |#2  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
Mine is worse too but not as yours. I want some solution.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted
13th July 2014, 11:40 AM |#3  
Tjoohej's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 11:52 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
I am not as good as i was in ND4, but it defo behaves better then any NEx and NFx. Just hit 2 days with 3 hours screen time, i am very fine with that.
13th July 2014, 12:56 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .
13th July 2014, 01:59 PM |#6  
thahim's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 161
 
More
I'm always doing stuff on internet. Mobiledata/WiFi I think thats why it drains faster.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted
13th July 2014, 07:41 PM |#7  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 8,249
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

Do a clean flash, reflash stock in Odin and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Mine is worse too but not as yours. I want some solution.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoohej

Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Faulty hardware? No. Faulty update or flash, most likely.

By using simple tools to monitor your battery usage, you could trace and eliminate problems. I use BetterBatteryStats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEK0TA

Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .

No.

1. KK ruined battery life so you can't get over 6 hours of screen on in 4.4.2 unlike 4.3.
2. Different devices have different quality chips. You can't guarantee same results.
3. Show me your 10 hours screen on time with no underclocking or undervolting, or even a screen cap of 3 days of normal usage (Facebook, Whatsapp, Tapatalk)
14th July 2014, 12:55 PM |#8  
JoFury's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Limbang, Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 424
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Mine is worse too but not as yours. I want some solution.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

I suggest AuroraKernel v11R2 , i can simply go thru a day with my data and wifi on
15th July 2014, 02:42 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.
15th July 2014, 06:43 PM |#10  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 8,249
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.

There must be something wrong with your configuration, my phone lasts around 4-5 hours screen on.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes