Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005XXUFNF4 my battery drain is worse.(SORRY didn't see no Q)

Tip us?

terry1000
Old
(Last edited by terry1000; 13th July 2014 at 10:52 AM.) Reason: didn't see no questions
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] N9005XXUFNF4 my battery drain is worse.(SORRY didn't see no Q)

Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Mine is worse too but not as yours. I want some solution.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted

Tjoohej
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

PlutoDelic
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I am not as good as i was in ND4, but it defo behaves better then any NEx and NFx. Just hit 2 days with 3 hours screen time, i am very fine with that.

BLEK0TA
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I'm always doing stuff on internet. Mobiledata/WiFi I think thats why it drains faster.

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000 View Post
Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.
Do a clean flash, reflash stock in Odin and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoohej View Post
Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Faulty hardware? No. Faulty update or flash, most likely.

By using simple tools to monitor your battery usage, you could trace and eliminate problems. I use BetterBatteryStats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEK0TA View Post
Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .
No.

1. KK ruined battery life so you can't get over 6 hours of screen on in 4.4.2 unlike 4.3.
2. Different devices have different quality chips. You can't guarantee same results.
3. Show me your 10 hours screen on time with no underclocking or undervolting, or even a screen cap of 3 days of normal usage (Facebook, Whatsapp, Tapatalk)
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
tba, tba, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

JoFury
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post

Quote:
Hi all.

I suggest AuroraKernel v11R2 , i can simply go thru a day with my data and wifi on

terry1000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 916

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.
There must be something wrong with your configuration, my phone lasts around 4-5 hours screen on.
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
tba, tba, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II