Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] N9005XXUFNF4 my battery drain is worse.(SORRY didn't see no Q)

OP terry1000

13th July 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.
Last edited by terry1000; 13th July 2014 at 10:52 AM. Reason: didn't see no questions
13th July 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 106

790 posts
More
Mine is worse too but not as yours. I want some solution.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Stock: 4.4.2 Rooted
13th July 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 23

70 posts
More
Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #4  
Flag Prishtina
Thanks Meter: 60

237 posts
More
I am not as good as i was in ND4, but it defo behaves better then any NEx and NFx. Just hit 2 days with 3 hours screen time, i am very fine with that.
13th July 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 31

192 posts
Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .
13th July 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 106

790 posts
More
I'm always doing stuff on internet. Mobiledata/WiFi I think thats why it drains faster.

13th July 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,461

2,027 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Hi all.

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

Do a clean flash, reflash stock in Odin and try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjoohej

Seems like you guys have got faulty hardware or something, my note 3 is soon a year old and it's doing just fine in the battery department. Try resetting your notes completely or try different roms if you are into flashing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Faulty hardware? No. Faulty update or flash, most likely.

By using simple tools to monitor your battery usage, you could trace and eliminate problems. I use BetterBatteryStats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEK0TA

Simply solution. Flash skyhigh kernel and U will have 10 hours screen on time. Or 3 days normal usage. .

No.

1. KK ruined battery life so you can't get over 6 hours of screen on in 4.4.2 unlike 4.3.
2. Different devices have different quality chips. You can't guarantee same results.
3. Show me your 10 hours screen on time with no underclocking or undervolting, or even a screen cap of 3 days of normal usage (Facebook, Whatsapp, Tapatalk)
14th July 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Limbang, Sarawak
Thanks Meter: 419

354 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim

Quote:

Hi all.

I suggest AuroraKernel v11R2 , i can simply go thru a day with my data and wifi on
15th July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.
15th July 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,461

2,027 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunately this phone has not improved. I can tether all day, but if I use the phone for what it was designed for, i.e, browsing internally it drains quicker than my bath.

I now have the most expensive phablet acting as a modem for other tablets, this really defeats the whole point of buying this phone.

I have been with Samsung since the GS3, but now my next phone will not be another Samsung.

There must be something wrong with your configuration, my phone lasts around 4-5 hours screen on.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread