Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] N9005XXUFNF4 - why is my battery drain is worse?

OP terry1000

13th July 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.
King ov Hell
14th July 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Are u using fully stock ? Root it, delete bloat apps and install a custom kernel. I just did these and hardcore debloated now I'm getting perfect battery/performance.
14th July 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,037

4,155 posts
More
And this is why I am happily sticking to NB7 for the forseeable future.

-6%, 1.30h screen-on time, wifi on, tapatalk, firefox and gmail.... (at -60% brightness though(lux).) No root, full stock.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Tried a full factory reset yet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

it is all because you need to do a full wipe my friend.
I guess after update, you haven't do a full wipe. NF4 comes with new bootloader, and though a same KK, but different base version from NE or any older one. A full wipe from stock recovery will make it better.
But don't forget, backup your internal sd card first, as any factory reset from stock recovery will do a full wiping on your internal SD. All will be gone. ...

Stock firmware has never given me that type of worst battery usage. especially in 30 minutes ? wow....
FYI, I always like to do a clean install, especially jump up firmware.
15th July 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

it is all because you need to do a full wipe my friend.
I guess after update, you haven't do a full wipe. NF4 comes with new bootloader, and though a same KK, but different base version from NE or any older one. A full wipe from stock recovery will make it better.
But don't forget, backup your internal sd card first, as any factory reset from stock recovery will do a full wiping on your internal SD. All will be gone. ...

Stock firmware has never given me that type of worst battery usage. especially in 30 minutes ? wow....
FYI, I always like to do a clean install, especially jump up firmware.

Thanks,

A full wipe and reinstall everytime this phone updates will drive me crazy.

You would think that Samsung would warn users about this.
16th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 28

567 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks,

You'd think Samsung would come up with an app+data backup software.
17th July 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096

2,100 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks,

yeah... few first try you will feel crazy.. after that you will get use to it already.
It will take me at most 1 hour to resetup everything. But I will be able to enjoy the upgrade to the fullest, without any non sense things.
17th July 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 5

76 posts
More
to the thread starter, is is already solved according to the posters?

this is also my new problem when I update. before update, for one day, I charge to the maximum of 4 hours (not continuosly) full battery. today, my percentage of charging is 12 hours. this is crazy. I think I might root my phone now in order to solve this problem.
18th July 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #9  
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 532

1,395 posts
More
Wow, on 4.3rom, i saw 10 hours screen time playing hd movies, and 7 hours screen time with 2 days.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread