Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] N9005XXUFNF4 - why is my battery drain is worse?

OP terry1000

13th July 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.
King ov Hell
14th July 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Are u using fully stock ? Root it, delete bloat apps and install a custom kernel. I just did these and hardcore debloated now I'm getting perfect battery/performance.
14th July 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #3  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
4,155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
And this is why I am happily sticking to NB7 for the forseeable future.

-6%, 1.30h screen-on time, wifi on, tapatalk, firefox and gmail.... (at -60% brightness though(lux).) No root, full stock.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it.

Tried a full factory reset yet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #4  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096
 
2,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

This phone is becoming a joke, it seems that with every update Google or Samsung are crippling this phone.

N9005XXUFNF4 was supposed to improve battery life on the Note 3, so why is my battery drain worse?

I bought the Note 3 to do away with netbooks and tablets, but now I am being forced to use them again.

When I use the internet, browsing on the Note 3 itself, my battery can lose 50% in under 30 minutes. I am then forced to switch off data out of fear that the phone will not last the day.

However, when I tether a notebook or a tablet to the Note 3, it will give me about 8 hours of internet usage before it needs charging.

So what is the point of the Note 3 now? It is quickly becoming just an expensive modem.

it is all because you need to do a full wipe my friend.
I guess after update, you haven't do a full wipe. NF4 comes with new bootloader, and though a same KK, but different base version from NE or any older one. A full wipe from stock recovery will make it better.
But don't forget, backup your internal sd card first, as any factory reset from stock recovery will do a full wiping on your internal SD. All will be gone. ...

Stock firmware has never given me that type of worst battery usage. especially in 30 minutes ? wow....
FYI, I always like to do a clean install, especially jump up firmware.
15th July 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

it is all because you need to do a full wipe my friend.
I guess after update, you haven't do a full wipe. NF4 comes with new bootloader, and though a same KK, but different base version from NE or any older one. A full wipe from stock recovery will make it better.
But don't forget, backup your internal sd card first, as any factory reset from stock recovery will do a full wiping on your internal SD. All will be gone. ...

Stock firmware has never given me that type of worst battery usage. especially in 30 minutes ? wow....
FYI, I always like to do a clean install, especially jump up firmware.

Thanks,

A full wipe and reinstall everytime this phone updates will drive me crazy.

You would think that Samsung would warn users about this.
16th July 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
uf21's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
567 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Thanks,

A full wipe and reinstall everytime this phone updates will drive me crazy.

You would think that Samsung would warn users about this.

You'd think Samsung would come up with an app+data backup software.
17th July 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #7  
antique_sonic's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,096
 
2,100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry1000

Thanks,

A full wipe and reinstall everytime this phone updates will drive me crazy.

You would think that Samsung would warn users about this.


yeah... few first try you will feel crazy.. after that you will get use to it already.
It will take me at most 1 hour to resetup everything. But I will be able to enjoy the upgrade to the fullest, without any non sense things.
17th July 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #8  
tj_cute's Avatar
Member
Flag Cebu City
Thanks Meter: 5
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
to the thread starter, is is already solved according to the posters?

this is also my new problem when I update. before update, for one day, I charge to the maximum of 4 hours (not continuosly) full battery. today, my percentage of charging is 12 hours. this is crazy. I think I might root my phone now in order to solve this problem.
18th July 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest greatest city ever
Thanks Meter: 532
 
1,395 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Wow, on 4.3rom, i saw 10 hours screen time playing hd movies, and 7 hours screen time with 2 days.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes