Can NE3 be flashed over NF4?

OP uf21

9th July 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

523 posts
More
I flashed the stock UK NF4 rom and then tried flashing the Australian NE3 rom over it but it won't go past the Samsung logo after flashing it.
10th July 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 146

818 posts
More
Nope

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

523 posts
More
My understanding was that you could flash and kk over each other but not downgrade to jellybean.
10th July 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uf21

My understanding was that you could flash and kk over each other but not downgrade to jellybean.

NF can't be downgraded to NE. AFAIK.
Once the letter upgraded u can't gi back to previous letter series. It will be considered downgraded.
The bootloader is different, and it is the ome which lock the downgrading process.
10th July 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

523 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antique_sonic

NF can't be downgraded to NE. AFAIK.
Once the letter upgraded u can't gi back to previous letter series. It will be considered downgraded.
The bootloader is different, and it is the ome which lock the downgrading process.

When did Samsung start doing this? When I had my s3 I was able to downgrade to any version but now I can't even downgrade at all. This is really frustrating. Now I'm stuck on a firmware that cripples my GPS.
11th July 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #6  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 944

3,836 posts
More
Quote:

When did Samsung start doing this? When I had my s3 I was able to downgrade to any version but now I can't even downgrade at all. This is really frustrating. Now I'm stuck on a firmware that cripples my GPS.

With the introduction of JB.

You shouls really research these things beforehand. Mainly because it's mentioned i n pretty much every flash thread.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Corner of the earth
Thanks Meter: 1,095

2,100 posts
More
Quote:

samsung started this stuff when they started to use KNOX.
They agressively update the bootloader for any patches useful to protect their system evironment. Therefore, in KK, AFAIK, any changes of the firmware letter, means new bootloader.
what most of users do normally (if they have a rooted device), is just flash a newer custom ROM, and stay with their old bootloader (KK). By doing this way, you still can jump any older custom ROM base without any problem.
But once you flash a new original firmware, it will flash the new bootloader as well. And it is non-downgradable.

cheers.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread