Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

APN Protocol Greyed Out

Tip us?

lnx64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default APN Protocol Greyed Out

I was searching all last night on Google to try and fix this and can't figure it out. I am new to Android, from iOS land.

Basically for some reason, my new unlocked Galaxy note 3 (purchased unlocked from best buy), an LTE model, won't let me switch to IPv6 in the APN settings. My carrier, T-Mobile, is IPv6 now and I can't even use it (they recommend for LTE I use it).

I have tried rebooting, and creating a new APN, but APN Protocol and APN Roaming Protocol is just greyed out.

I like keeping things official and not modded, which is why it still is on 4.3 Jellybean, because Kitkat hasn't been offered through Kies or OTA on the phone..

Hopefully if this can be fixed easily, I'll just do whatever is needed to get IPv6 working.

lnx64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Anyone? I really want to get this fixed please.

lnx64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Pretty please?

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have the same problem on Note 2. Running 4.3. Did 4.4.2 make any difference ? Not available on Note 2 yet

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium HD app

lnx64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax View Post
I have the same problem on Note 2. Running 4.3. Did 4.4.2 make any difference ? Not available on Note 2 yet

I only just got KitKat just now. Wasn't even available yet for me.

No, no change at all.

Side note though. Apparently my best buy purchased phone had no warranty so maybe I'll just root the freakin thing and not care about Knox.
The Following User Says Thank You to lnx64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I am now on french stock 4.4.2. Apn protocol v6 no problem ☺ I also tried official cm11, it supported the setting but it would not work with v6 for some reason hidden to me. Have not noticed any problem with knox but I am not an expert. Rooted and installed cwr

mexigga
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnx64 View Post
I was searching all last night on Google to try and fix this and can't figure it out. I am new to Android, from iOS land.

Basically for some reason, my new unlocked Galaxy note 3 (purchased unlocked from best buy), an LTE model, won't let me switch to IPv6 in the APN settings. My carrier, T-Mobile, is IPv6 now and I can't even use it (they recommend for LTE I use it).

I have tried rebooting, and creating a new APN, but APN Protocol and APN Roaming Protocol is just greyed out.

I like keeping things official and not modded, which is why it still is on 4.3 Jellybean, because Kitkat hasn't been offered through Kies or OTA on the phone..

Hopefully if this can be fixed easily, I'll just do whatever is needed to get IPv6 working.
Anyone able to edit the protocol?

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 - i317 - AWS Enabled * ROM: DS-MK6 v.2.0 & TW4.4*eZKAT* Kernel: AGNi
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 * ROM: Hyperdrive RLS8

IPv6only
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondax View Post
I am now on french stock 4.4.2. Apn protocol v6 no problem ☺ I also tried official cm11, it supported the setting but it would not work with v6 for some reason hidden to me. Have not noticed any problem with knox but I am not an expert. Rooted and installed cwr

Care to tell us what French image you used? (XEF, BOG, FTM or SFR?).

hondax
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It was N7100XXUFND3. Now I am on ARHD 31 based on FND4 which also works great with IPv6

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 737
To my knowledge T-Mobile USA disabled the ability to edit the APN settings in most of their phones. US providers are the greatest digital arseholes the planet has to offer.

You can try it with a different SIM, though I can't guarantee that'll work.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]