Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 ANALOG! Volume Boost?

Tip us?

KosanRio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Audio [Q] Note 3 ANALOG! Volume Boost?

Does anyone know of a way to boost the analog volume of the Note 3? The only volume mod now just makes the digital volume louder, which doesn't work for me because I EQ for a lot of bass and all it does is make the bass clip and distort. I remember on my Note II you could change the actual analog volume of the amplifier with some kernal/software. I know with FauxSound there's a slider for analog volume but it doesn't seem to work, at least on the Note 3. Anyway.
TLDR: Is there a way to boost the analog volume of the amp on the Note 3?
Current Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Sony Ericsson w810i > Sony Ericsson w580i > Samsung Black Jack II > Apple iPhone 3G 8GB > T-Mobile G2 > Nokia N900 > T-Mobile G2 > AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note > AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II > Pantech Burst > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

posedatull
Old
Thanks Meter 184
I would also be very interested in this, and also if there is any boost for Bluetooth sound. @KosanRio: synapse +viper4android can still give you a louder volume+acceptable bass at loud volumes, but yeah, analogue would be so much better
Trust nothing, question everything

meetpatel
Old
Thanks Meter 14
What do you mean by ANALOG? You want to increase internal speaker volume?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

KosanRio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by meetpatel View Post
What do you mean by ANALOG? You want to increase internal speaker volume?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Directly make the headphone amplifier louder rather than just increasing the system volume (Which causes clipping/distortion)
Sony Ericsson w810i > Sony Ericsson w580i > Samsung Black Jack II > Apple iPhone 3G 8GB > T-Mobile G2 > Nokia N900 > T-Mobile G2 > AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note > AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II > Pantech Burst > T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3

KosanRio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
bump?
Tags
audiophile, fauxsound, loud, volume