Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 - GPS Issues

Tip us?

akbar11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3 - GPS Issues

Hi,

I have been having an issue lately with my GPS. The GPS is not able to find any satellite. I am using the stock rom (non-rooted) and my GPS cannot find anything just keep saying "Searching for GPS".

I have tried the following:

- Using an diffrent rom (CM 11)
- Clean Wipe & reinstalled stock rom
- Tightening the screws at the back
- Opening the note 3 and making the contacts of the note 3 better

Yet, I do not get any lock on my GPS. My Note 3 is the LTE Variant. Running the latest "United Kingdom BTU" Firmware.

Anyone got suggestions? Other than take it an repair shop etc... please post very appreciated!

finalzero
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbar11 View Post
Hi,

I have been having an issue lately with my GPS. The GPS is not able to find any satellite. I am using the stock rom (non-rooted) and my GPS cannot find anything just keep saying "Searching for GPS".

Yet, I do not get any lock on my GPS. My Note 3 is the LTE Variant. Running the latest "United Kingdom BTU" Firmware.

Anyone got suggestions? Other than take it an repair shop etc... please post very appreciated!
Hey dude I am having the same issue as you, noticed this is a problem ever since the new Samsung ROM came out (4.4.2 or whatever the latest is).

I know in the US AT&T users had major issues with it but I think the problem is with the Samsung ROM as they tried to save power but in doing so they screwed up the GPS.

I am hoping someone has an answer as I think this issue is more common than most people want to admit.

dash REZA
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Gps not issue.s5 port rom, make issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dash REZA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

finalzero
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash REZA View Post
Gps not issue.s5 port rom, make issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dude you probably have an issue with the S5 ROM but I am pretty sure akbar11 has the same issue as I have:

Quote:
Clean Wipe & reinstalled stock rom
I can confirm there is an issue as it appears Samsung have now released the an updated (I switched to the stock ROM and it prompted me to upgrade to a new version so I searched for the correct Firmware).

akbar11 you need this firmware dude:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TcUxRLgT!AvHOsV...dOlNuCN4D408YQ

Apparently a few issues are resolved including GPS with some enhancements to the OS and I am pretty sure the current ROMs based on 4.4.2 have the GPS issue.

Hope this helps.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Bad news, seems the GPS issue is present and I believe most ROMs using this new version of the firmware still have the issue.

WTF did Samsung do...4.3 was great, GPS worked first time but now it's a shambles.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbar11 View Post
Hi,

0) Clarify what phone you have and in what region and on what provider you are using it.

1) Use a simple program like "GPS Test" (the free version should be fine) to see quickly what kind of problem you encounter.

2) Do some tests in parallel with another phone in the very same spot at the very same time.

3) Test with Note 3 connected to mobile data exclusively.

4) Wait a little more, without AGPS the GPS-lock can take 10-15 minutes.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

uf21
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I myself had issues with GPS on every rom. Wasn't finding any satellites. I followed the below steps and now it is working fine. Credit goes to whoever originally wrote it.

Follow these steps:

On you dialer type in this *#0011#
Press menu key > press back
Press menu key > press key input > Q
Press menu key > press key input > 0000
Wait for a few seconds and the screen options will change
Press on UMTS
Press on Common
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on NV Rebuild
Press on System, Protocol, GPS, IMS
Wait for 30 seconds and then shutdown your phone
Power On phone
GPS should work fine now
Recommend to use GPS STATUS app to reset and download AGPS Data
God created turbo lag to give V8s a chance.

akbar11
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys for the support but I have just sold by Note 3 and bought S5 XD

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalzero View Post
Hey dude I am having the same issue as you, noticed this is a problem ever since the new Samsung ROM came out (4.4.2 or whatever the latest is).

I know in the US AT&T users had major issues with it but I think the problem is with the Samsung ROM as they tried to save power but in doing so they screwed up the GPS.

I am hoping someone has an answer as I think this issue is more common than most people want to admit.
same for me. tryed cm11 but the behaviour is the same. extremely
slow fix and not stable.
SM-N9005 SD 64 gb samsung - XXUDMJ6 - ODEX - root CF -