Originally Posted by akbar11
I have been having an issue lately with my GPS. The GPS is not able to find any satellite. I am using the stock rom (non-rooted) and my GPS cannot find anything just keep saying "Searching for GPS".
I have tried the following:
- Using an diffrent rom (CM 11)
- Clean Wipe & reinstalled stock rom
- Tightening the screws at the back
- Opening the note 3 and making the contacts of the note 3 better
Yet, I do not get any lock on my GPS. My Note 3 is the LTE Variant. Running the latest "United Kingdom BTU" Firmware.
Anyone got suggestions? Other than take it an repair shop etc... please post very appreciated!
0) Clarify what phone you have and in what region and on what provider you are using it.
1) Use a simple program like "GPS Test" (the free version should be fine) to see quickly what kind of problem you encounter.
2) Do some tests in parallel with another phone in the very same spot at the very same time.
3) Test with Note 3 connected to mobile data exclusively.
4) Wait a little more, without AGPS the GPS-lock can take 10-15 minutes.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7