Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 52,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 ROOTING and KNOX

Tip us?
 
RAF_SHC
Old
#1  
RAF_SHC's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Question [Q] Note 3 ROOTING and KNOX

Hi Guys,

I have a new Note 3 (SM-9005) and wanted a definitive answer about triggering KNOX 0x1.
Is it possible for me to root without triggering KNOX?
I am not bothered about Custom ROMS at the moment or Recoveries. Just want ROOT.

My FW\SW details are;

AP: N9005XXUFNF4
CP: N9005XXUFNF2
CSC: N9005OXAFNF4

Any help greatly appreciated.
 
Killberty
Old
#2  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 1,143
Join Date: Oct 2013
www.Towelroot.com - but not sure if it works on NF4, worth a try tho, as it wont trip your Knox in either way

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Killberty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
RAF_SHC
Old
#3  
RAF_SHC's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
www.Towelroot.com - but not sure if it works on NF4, worth a try tho, as it wont trip your Knox in either way

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok will have a look at that. Thanks. I believe it is geohotz version. I want to make sure it doesn't trip Knox before I try and will update this thread if I am successful as it may help others.
 
Killberty
Old
#4  
Killberty's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 403
Posts: 1,143
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF_SHC View Post
Ok will have a look at that. Thanks. I believe it is geohotz version. I want to make sure it doesn't trip Knox before I try and will update this thread if I am successful as it may help others.
100% no knox trip, confirmed by geohot on s5, confirmed by >me< on s4 and note 3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
bouyhy
Old
#5  
bouyhy's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2010
I rooted my n9005 and lost knox and reflash using odin but still dont have knox access

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
 
RAF_SHC
Old
#6  
RAF_SHC's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyhy View Post
I rooted my n9005 and lost knox and reflash using odin but still dont have knox access

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
So is Knox showing as 0x1?
 
RAF_SHC
Old
#7  
RAF_SHC's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 83
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killberty View Post
100% no knox trip, confirmed by geohot on s5, confirmed by >me< on s4 and note 3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tried it and not working i'm afraid. If I find anything useful i'll try and post.

Tags
knox, note, root, samsung, sm-9005
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more

Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings

To be brutally honest, the native options for screen … more