Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] note 3 keeps self deleting files from sd card

Tip us?

mrturq
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down [Q] note 3 keeps self deleting files from sd card

Hi there,

I apologize for my english.
It is not my native language .

But I have a frustrating problem.
My note 3 keeps self deleting files from my 64gb samsung sd card after a minute or reboot when the files created. So ie: I take a picture. It saves it. I close the camera app. Open gallery. File icon is there, click to open it and the file can't open.. Same with spotify, I add new music to my library and close the app and get back to it downloads it again.
Apps that are stored on the sd card, spotify music, pictures, movies, everything that was stored from two weeks ago.
So two weeks ago I had no problems. At all with this phone. Except the proximity sensor that kept the screen off after a call. But I don't mind that.
I can't save music(songs that were downloaded with spotify before the issue are still there, but when I download a new song it deletes after app close, pictures or what so ever.

What did I do before posting?
Okay, I backed up my sd card(only pictures, videos, downloads, etc, efc)
Format it(no quick format, full format) and put the files back. Copied and paste, not cut and paste(incase it wanted to delete it because it were 'new files')
And still the problem was still present. If you have or had this issue, you will understand how frustrating this is.
The only new app I downloaded that might cause this problem is a youtube downloader but I deleted that app, still same problem.
And if it is an app that causes this problem, the only thing that would help is a factory reset.
And if I do a factory reset, I really need to back up my apps. But if I back up my apps, I don't know what app is causing this problem.
Please guys, I have searched on google for this issue, and I really don't know what to do. I lost pictures of my daughters first school day. This is not funny anymore.

I have found a threat with a similar issue on note 2 but that was only with the videos and a sd card format helped for that guy.
Nokia 3310--> Nokia 6230--> Nokia 6230i--> Nokia N95--> HTC Blackstone HD--> HTC Leo HD2--> HTC Sensation--> HTC One X--> HTC One--> Samsung Galaxy Note 3

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 1,110

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrturq View Post
Hi there,

I apologize for my english.
It is not my native language .

But I have a frustrating problem.
My note 3 keeps self deleting files from my 64gb samsung sd card after a minute or reboot when the files created. So ie: I take a picture. It saves it. I close the camera app. Open gallery. File icon is there, click to open it and the file can't open.. Same with spotify, I add new music to my library and close the app and get back to it downloads it again.
Apps that are stored on the sd card, spotify music, pictures, movies, everything that was stored from two weeks ago.
So two weeks ago I had no problems. At all with this phone. Except the proximity sensor that kept the screen off after a call. But I don't mind that.
I can't save music(songs that were downloaded with spotify before the issue are still there, but when I download a new song it deletes after app close, pictures or what so ever.

What did I do before posting?
Okay, I backed up my sd card(only pictures, videos, downloads, etc, efc)
Format it(no quick format, full format) and put the files back. Copied and paste, not cut and paste(incase it wanted to delete it because it were 'new files')
And still the problem was still present. If you have or had this issue, you will understand how frustrating this is.
The only new app I downloaded that might cause this problem is a youtube downloader but I deleted that app, still same problem.
And if it is an app that causes this problem, the only thing that would help is a factory reset.
And if I do a factory reset, I really need to back up my apps. But if I back up my apps, I don't know what app is causing this problem.
Please guys, I have searched on google for this issue, and I really don't know what to do. I lost pictures of my daughters first school day. This is not funny anymore.

I have found a threat with a similar issue on note 2 but that was only with the videos and a sd card format helped for that guy.
Sorry your photos are gone forever....

Your MicroSD entered a state of read only mode....and there is another thread here...look at my post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=9
ROM Problem? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 14/09, ak v40b08, MR-TWRP 2.8.0

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v133, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.2, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

mrturq
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Really? I just got the sd card like a month or 4 ago?
Nokia 3310--> Nokia 6230--> Nokia 6230i--> Nokia N95--> HTC Blackstone HD--> HTC Leo HD2--> HTC Sensation--> HTC One X--> HTC One--> Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Tags
deleting files, note 3, sdcard