Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Note 3 (SM-N9005) firmware update in Australia...

OP Starflex

26th September 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Hi There!

The company where I am working provided me with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (I have a Note2 on my own, so it was pretty straight forward getting used to it!).

The current mobile status is at it follows:

Bootloader : N9005XXUBMI7
Baseband : N9005XXUBMI6
CSC: N9005XSABMI1

Basically, I'm running under an old version of Android 4.3 . Is there any real reason to update it to a newer firmware (Samsung official, I do not want to mess up with a rooted mobile..it is not my mobile after all) ? Is there any *real* improvement in using the device with KitKat (battery life, smoother, etc) ?

I'm asking that because I am still regretting the moment when I decided to update my N7100 from 4.1.2 to 4.3 (and then to 4.4.2)... so I don't really want to update the Note 3 and regretting the update afterwards... (..and then finding out that no, it is not possible to go back to the previous version).

Last firmware available in Australia is N9005XXUENE3_N9005XSAENE1_XSA : with the official XSA I have some apps for free in the App Store (which comes pretty handy). Perhaps, I may try the New Zealand one too (N9005XXUGNG1_N9005NZCGNH1_NZC) that looks more recent.

Or, perhaps, is there any 100% stable leaked firmware made by one of you, based on an official Samsung rom, lighter, cleaned of most of the bloatwares AND a safe way to root the mobile without tripping the Knox?

Thank you all
26th September 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #2  
Vinnitsa
Thanks Meter: 967

2,654 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflex

Hi There!

The company where I am working provided me with a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (I have a Note2 on my own, so it was pretty straight forward getting used to it!).

The current mobile status is at it follows:

Bootloader : N9005XXUBMI7
Baseband : N9005XXUBMI6
CSC: N9005XSABMI1

Basically, I'm running under an old version of Android 4.3 . Is there any real reason to update it to a newer firmware (Samsung official, I do not want to mess up with a rooted mobile..it is not my mobile after all) ? Is there any *real* improvement in using the device with KitKat (battery life, smoother, etc) ?

I'm asking that because I am still regretting the moment when I decided to update my N7100 from 4.1.2 to 4.3 (and then to 4.4.2)... so I don't really want to update the Note 3 and regretting the update afterwards... (..and then finding out that no, it is not possible to go back to the previous version).

Last firmware available in Australia is N9005XXUENE3_N9005XSAENE1_XSA : with the official XSA I have some apps for free in the App Store (which comes pretty handy). Perhaps, I may try the New Zealand one too (N9005XXUGNG1_N9005NZCGNH1_NZC) that looks more recent.

This is a really a big question and a long story. No one can tell you exactly which version is better in term of battery life, smoothness... Also there is no official changelog from the Samsung. And there are also many threads discussed about these updates. You have to read and decide yourself.

Quote:

Or, perhaps, is there any 100% stable leaked firmware made by one of you, based on an official Samsung rom, lighter, cleaned of most of the bloatwares AND a safe way to root the mobile without tripping the Knox?

Thank you all

Regarding a safe way to root without tripping the Knox, as your firmware is still MI7, you can use URDLV to root. That will not trip your Knox. You can google for URDLV or start from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2522858
28th September 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen

This is a really a big question and a long story. ... /cut/

Mmmh.... make sense your answer, and it's good already that it is not like "stay away from XYZ version". I guess for the Note2 it was more clear that JB 4.3 was not such a step ahead...fro your answer I can guess that no versions are really "flawly" or defective in this way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen

Regarding a safe way to root without tripping the Knox, ... /cut/

Thanks, I will!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread