Note 3 SM-N9005 Google play services problem

Search This thread

ferowww

Feb 22, 2012
I just bought the Note 3 SM-N9005 and i have problem with the google services.My apps want me to update google services but when i open the app on Play Store it shows that my device isn't supported by this version of the app and I can't update it! I don't have the "Uninstall updates" button in app settings.I'm on stock android 5.0.Any ideas?

Thanks in advance !

leloinadrass

Sep 17, 2010
I have a similar problem since yesterday. Until now, everything was fine (for 3 years). Yesterday I began to get " google play services has stopped". Continuously.

I tried a lot of things ( wipe cache, remove updates, etc) until I finally went for a factory reset.
Everything was fine. Until I wanted to use my Google apps. No synch, no GPS positioning, etc. The phone wants me to upgrade my Google services app. But on the pay store, my device is said to be incompatible.

I called google support : no solution.

I downloaded an official app with latest version for my phone and android version. Back to the continously popped up messages "google play services had stopped". Had to down grade to former version.

Currently I am stuck.

If anyone had an idea. ..

Envoyé de mon SM-N9005 en utilisant Tapatalk

ferowww

Feb 22, 2012
Is this a brand new phone??

Yes it is brand new.

It was with US ROM and I flashed my countrys ROM to see if that works but nothing has changed...
I downloaded the latest play services apk from another website and installed it on my device.It seems to be working perfectly now but whenever a new update comes out i will be prompted to update it again and I will have to wait untill the new update comes on 3rd party website so I can download it from there.Even when i updated it manually,in Play Store it still says that my device is not compatible with this version of the app...Any ideas ?
P.S : I've tried clearing both play store and play services caches and uninstalling updates but that won't fix it.Play store still shows the same thing.
The Note 3 came with 7.1 version on play services,now I updated it to 9.2.25 and still the same result...

cr0wnest

Jun 29, 2010
Singapore
Yes it is brand new.

It was with US ROM and I flashed my countrys ROM to see if that works but nothing has changed...
I downloaded the latest play services apk from another website and installed it on my device.It seems to be working perfectly now but whenever a new update comes out i will be prompted to update it again and I will have to wait untill the new update comes on 3rd party website so I can download it from there.Even when i updated it manually,in Play Store it still says that my device is not compatible with this version of the app...Any ideas ?
P.S : I've tried clearing both play store and play services caches and uninstalling updates but that won't fix it.Play store still shows the same thing.
The Note 3 came with 7.1 version on play services,now I updated it to 9.2.25 and still the same result...
Having the same issue on my dad's old Note 3. Even tried flashing the latest firmware from sammobile and factory reset, it still has the same error. Looks like something might have screwed up on google's side

ferowww

Feb 22, 2012
Having the same issue on my dad's old Note 3. Even tried flashing the latest firmware from sammobile and factory reset, it still has the same error. Looks like something might have screwed up on google's side

So lets hope they fix it sooner,because it limits almost my whole phone...Even Youtube and Whatsapp are not usable...

jordanpa

Apr 1, 2016
George Town
You can always try;
- reset app preferences
- disable Play Store & restore to factory version.
- Clear data & cache of Google Play Services & Framework
- If rooted, flash updated gapps.

Sent from my hltexx using XDA Labs

leloinadrass

Sep 17, 2010
You can always try;
- reset app preferences
- disable Play Store & restore to factory version.
- Clear data & cache of Google Play Services & Framework
- If rooted, flash updated gapps.

Did all those except the last. No changes. :/

jordanpa

Apr 1, 2016
George Town
If rooted what gapps have you flashed? And what is your Firmware build.. can you screenshot the about phone section in settings.

matzeena

Dec 14, 2015

Attachments

• 1468145704200.jpg
    1468145704200.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 509

leloinadrass

Sep 17, 2010
I'm not rooted. sorry
I will see for routing later. See you.

ferowww

Feb 22, 2012
IT'S BRAND NEW DEVICE. No roots,nothing.You can't have cache problems with brand new unused device.
I've tried clearing both caches and updates on all google apps.Done factory reset.Everything,and still no progress.

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
So the phone is new from Samsung and not refurbished?

Does the phone show the same imei as the label under the battery?

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Model number in download mode is correct? If yes, I am at a loss as to why this is happening.

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
This is different issue but maybe you could try.
Yesterday my phone had connection issue to playstore. It tells me no internet connection. Cleared cache and data for playstore and google play service, flashed newer playstore version but in no avail.
Remove my google account and re-register, problem solved.

Sent from my SM-G925F using XDA Free mobile app

wilmaed

Jun 23, 2008
same problem

I have two Note3 and can't install the latest Google Play Service. Playstore-Screenshot:
moja.ninja/playstore.jpg

Both have the latest samsung firmware (unrooted).

One of them I reset yesterday -> no change. The current version of the play service is too old und some apps don't work.

On the other device I have not the latest version, but all apps are running.

Any solution?

thanks

victorec

Jul 11, 2016
The same problem

I did a factory reset yesterday and after that I couldn't update Google Services App and since every other Google App goes through this Google Services, this renders my phone half-useless...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just bought the Note 3 SM-N9005 and i have problem with the google services.My apps want me to update google services but when i open the app on Play Store it shows that my device isn't supported by this version of the app and I can't update it! I don't have the "Uninstall updates" button in app settings.I'm on stock android 5.0.Any ideas?

Thanks in advance !
    I have a similar problem since yesterday. Until now, everything was fine (for 3 years). Yesterday I began to get " google play services has stopped". Continuously.

I tried a lot of things ( wipe cache, remove updates, etc) until I finally went for a factory reset.
    Everything was fine. Until I wanted to use my Google apps. No synch, no GPS positioning, etc. The phone wants me to upgrade my Google services app. But on the pay store, my device is said to be incompatible.

I called google support : no solution.

I downloaded an official app with latest version for my phone and android version. Back to the continously popped up messages "google play services had stopped". Had to down grade to former version.

Currently I am stuck.

If anyone had an idea. ..

Is this a brand new phone??
    That one is expected to be used with 320 dpi screen. Gnote3 is 382. Moreover I already installed the supposedly correct version for gnote 3 and got a lot of force close. Phone was unusable. Are you sure about your suggestion or did you just linked something "to try" ? [emoji53]

i have same problom with this google play service

but i fixt make sore you have recovery on your device like twrp or phliz

download the gapps 5.0 and but on your device

reboot to recovery and install gapps

sorry about my bad english