Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 44,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CPU cores cannot enter offline under marginal load (not the deep sleep issue)

Tip us?

Peri Noid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] CPU cores cannot enter offline under marginal load (not the deep sleep issue)

Hello.
I have an SM-N9005 Galaxy Note, running original KitKat 4.4.2 (N9005XXUENC3), rooted with Towelroot, with Xposed framework. I have a problem which consists in the CPU cores not becoming offline, when the load is marginal. All the cores run then at 300Mhz, but only one of them is really used and its load is marginal (<10%). Both process manager and the console top command show almost no activity. In a "good" state (after restart, for instance), 3 cores become offline, only the 0th one keeps working at 300MHz (which is good).

I'm not talking about the deep sleep, becouse the phone enters deep sleep without any problems - it simply doesn't turn off cores. It does not happen just after a restart, but some (random) time later.

The problem is, I cannot detect, what is causing such behavior. It seems that "something" is turning off the "offline capability". I have no idea, how to check it (and what). Has anyone noticed such weird behavior. Maybe the solution is known?

Peri Noid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Seems that it's mpdecission process, that causes such behavior. Killing it from the terminal fixes the problem for a while.

Wytaptalkowane na notatniku