Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note III N9005 Unlocking

Tip us?

sushrukh
Old
(Last edited by sushrukh; 11th August 2014 at 05:15 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Note III N9005 Unlocking

Hello guys...To cut the long story short , I got a Romanian N9005 with me in India...My uncle bought the set there in Romania & sent to me in India...The box clearly says ( in Romanian language ) that the product must be activated with a European SIM...I would like to know, what my options are to unlock this thing in India...Is there any unlock option available for this model yet ???

The box doesn't mention any kind of carrier & the boot logo only mentions " Samsung galaxy Note III N9005 " without any operator logo...I still haven't inserted my SIM in this because this supports MicroSIM & i have only regular sized SIM cards...I will be getting a Normal to Micro SIM cutter asap but i just wanted to know is this model locked to European networks only or is an unlocked model ?

Here is some of the details of the set :-

Model No : SM-N9005
Android Version : 4.4.2
BB Version : N9005XXUENB1
Build Number : KOT49H.N9005XXUENB4

Does Chainfire's RegionLock Away app works for N9005 4.4.2 ????

Any info/help will be appreciated...Thank You!!!

sushrukh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
No reply ??? How to unlock N9005 4.4.2 ?

bimjunk
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Get the unlock code first..then if the baseband freq match then u can register on Indian carrier

sushrukh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimjunk View Post
Get the unlock code first..then if the baseband freq match then u can register on Indian carrier
I've sent an E mail to Samsung.De for an unlock code...Let's see if they provide me any...Thanks for reply...And yes the baseband freq are same here so it should work if i get the unlock code...Waiting for Samsung to send me one...

goodoane
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Dude your phone is unlocked. You can use any card. You will not have the automatic settings for your local network but you can put them manually.

sushrukh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoane View Post
Dude your phone is unlocked. You can use any card. You will not have the automatic settings for your local network but you can put them manually.
If my phone would have been unlocked , i would not have posted this thread at the first place...My phone is locked to Europe networks & asks for an Unlock code if i put a local SIM...