Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I package a zip file from the boot.img produced from kernel compile?

Tip us?

xrebecca_kelly1993x
Old
(Last edited by xrebecca_kelly1993x; 7th July 2014 at 11:36 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] How do I package a zip file from the boot.img produced from kernel compile?

Hi,

I have compiled a note 3 kernel and packaged up a boot.img. I would like to flash via CWM Recovery with a zip file. How do I take the boot.img that was generated and place it within a zip for flashing? Is there some signing that needs to take place? I've noticed a META-INF directory in some kernel binaries that I've downloaded and checked.

Thanks for any help!

xrebecca_kelly1993x
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrebecca_kelly1993x View Post
Hi,

I have compiled a note 3 kernel and packaged up a boot.img. I would like to flash via CWM Recovery with a zip file. How do I take the boot.img that was generated and place it within a zip for flashing? Is there some signing that needs to take place? I've noticed a META-INF directory in some kernel binaries that I've downloaded and checked.

Thanks for any help!
I'm not quite sure yet on how to zip the newly packaged boot.img into a zip for flashing with CWM, but I did figure out how to flash regardless. CWM simply does this too.

adb push boot_repacked.img /sdcard/
adb shell su -c "dd if=/sdcard/boot_repacked.img of=/dev/block/platform/dw_mmc.0/by-name/BOOT"