Phone encryption overhead

OP Hamra

26th September 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello all, has anyone around her used the encryption feature?
Can you share your experience about device performance afterwards? Do you notice any slowdowns?
Thank you..
26th September 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #2  
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 32

317 posts
More
hi there,

I've been using full device and ext sd encryption for couple of weeks now, I can confirm to u that I don't have any noticeable lag
Its very nice to know that if u would loose the phone, u rest assured that ur data will be unrecoverable by theft tools
the only downside is that you'll miss out on rooting as u wont be able to root after encryption "you'll brick ur phone , and wont be able to encrypt if rooted

very unfortunate as this device is a monster after rooting and some tweaking to the liking.

Moreover, the other downside is that u'll need to have a password all the time, even at home which is slight inconvenience.

In verdict, definitely encrypt if ur ok with no rooting.

Hope that helped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drreality For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Thanks a lot, that's reassuring!
As for rooting/modding, not too fussed about it
27th September 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 44

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drreality

hi there,

I've been using full device and ext sd encryption for couple of weeks now, I can confirm to u that I don't have any noticeable lag
Its very nice to know that if u would loose the phone, u rest assured that ur data will be unrecoverable by theft tools
the only downside is that you'll miss out on rooting as u wont be able to root after encryption "you'll brick ur phone , and wont be able to encrypt if rooted

very unfortunate as this device is a monster after rooting and some tweaking to the liking.

Moreover, the other downside is that u'll need to have a password all the time, even at home which is slight inconvenience.

In verdict, definitely encrypt if ur ok with no rooting.

Hope that helped

Thanks dude i so lucky to came across your post, as i was in two minds if i should encrypt my Note 3 and im rooted i didn't know root and encrypt bricks the phone. Dude i was so close to pressing encrypt dam i would have been screwed..
27th September 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 32

317 posts
More
Hi m8,
I'm happy to help, just to let u know, that encryption wouldn't happen of you're rooted.
What will happen is that your phone well sleep for some 30 min then it'll wakeup unencrypted.
The soft bricking happen if you try rooting after encryption
The Following User Says Thank You to drreality For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread