Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,135 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please help, i hate my Note

Tip us?

dosada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Please help, i hate my Note

I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot

donvito62
Old
Thanks Meter 17
for rooting just flash the flashable supersu zip file.

@SidDev
Old
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosada View Post
I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot
First unlock your bootloader
then install custom recovery
flash super su to root
or flash Slimkat ROM its light and stable.

press thanks if I helped you.
happy to help you .

dosada
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?

sarceneaux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosada View Post
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?
I havent seen that in a while.. i even forgot about it. If you knew how to build you could do this. I wanted to look into this myself but i dont have the time.

Good luck
Tags
root note 3 custom rom