Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Please help, i hate my Note

OP dosada

21st August 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

171 posts
I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot
21st August 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

63 posts
for rooting just flash the flashable supersu zip file.
21st August 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #3  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 243

435 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosada

I have purchased a used Note 3. It is in original condition. I absolutely hate the split settings, bloatware and similar. My last phone was a Xperia Ultra and it felt a lot snappier than the Note.

I need to root my device and to install a custom Rom. Could someone please point me to the easiest way to get it rooted, i do not care if it is visible or not since i have got no warranty on it anyways. And could someone please recommend me a fast, stable and battery friendly Rom that is more similar to the stock Android.

Thanks a lot

First unlock your bootloader
then install custom recovery
flash super su to root
or flash Slimkat ROM its light and stable.

press thanks if I helped you.
22nd August 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

171 posts
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?
20th September 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 23

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosada

Thanks for the reply. The problem is that all the ROMs i have been able to find still split the settings into categories, i would like them in one row as it is originally in Android. Is there a Rom in which it is like that or is there a tool or program that can do that?

I havent seen that in a while.. i even forgot about it. If you knew how to build you could do this. I wanted to look into this myself but i dont have the time.

Good luck
21st September 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 166

452 posts
Cm/aosp/omni based roms are using 1 row setting. X-note has the option to set 1 row setting. Maybe some other tw roms too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1411268397546.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (41.8 KB, 69 views)
21st September 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 7

14 posts
More
Split Settings?
Are you talking about the tabbed settings interface?
If you are just push the menu button (left of home) and switch to list view.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-21-07-18-07.png
Views:	49
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	2945051  
Last edited by scolex1; 21st September 2014 at 02:21 PM.
21st September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 10

99 posts
Funny, I also come from a Z Ultra (a hell of a phone, IMHO) and Sony's flavor of Android felt so much better than the Note. I sometimes regret getting rid of it and keeping the NOte in fact. It all came to which phone had the best camera. I should have thought things twice.

Anyway, I thought to hell with the warranty and installed CM11. It's the closest thing to the Xperia I can think of.

I have battery issues which I had to fix with Deep Sleep Battery Pro. S-Pen lost some functionality. The IR Blaster is not working.

And it's still 100 times better than TouchWiz!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root note 3 custom rom
Previous Thread Next Thread