[Q] Please help me!

OP Paing97

30th July 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I backed up my note 3 on july 11 via kies 3. Yesterday my phone was water damaged and not able to turn on anymore. I want to know if i can restore my note 3 back up files to galaxy s5 via kies 3. If so can it restore all the app data like Whatsapp and instagmessage? I backed up all the app data and it's worth like 2GB. Pls answer me. Ty!
31st July 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paing97

I backed up my note 3 on july 11 via kies 3. Yesterday my phone was water damaged and not able to turn on anymore. I want to know if i can restore my note 3 back up files to galaxy s5 via kies 3. If so can it restore all the app data like Whatsapp and instagmessage? I backed up all the app data and it's worth like 2GB. Pls answer me. Ty!

Humm bad thing happened. Iíve never faced anything like this before and never tried to anything such. I love my phone and love its data so always keep it safe side.

Kies and Kies 3 are very confusing, I donít know if Kies 3 supports S5 but I think S5 doesnít support Kies 3, its only for note 2 and 3.

But if Kies 3 supports S5 and if you have taken the note 3 backup by Kies then it would be easy. From C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\samsung\Kies3\backup\ SM-N900 copy the folder with the date name paste it on the S5 folder. If you connected two phone by Kies 3 there should be two folder by their model name. Like SM-N900 = Note 3. Then connect the S5 and see what appears in restore list. Hopefully this would work fine.

But even if it supports there is concerns, as when I was trying to transfer data from my old galaxy phone to new Note 3 by Kies, it rejected few data like call logs etc.

Now, If Kies 3 doesnít works with S5, then you can try this thing. Install Kies 2 for S5, take a backup once of the S5 and see the backup folder there you will see the folder structure (if its different from note 3 folder structure). For note 3 there will be folder like SM-N900_20140412111134 and backups files inside its like Contacts.spb, Calllog.scl check all files and their extensions.

If you get the folder structure and if both kies 2 and 3 backup file formats are same then this will work fine. If you donít understand anything, ask me.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Also in future use automated backups like Avast backup for all, it helped me a lot when changing the phone. Kies couldnít restore all from my previous galaxy to note 3. Also it takes daily backups. Look for a good cloud backup apps.
31st July 2014, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.sam

Humm bad thing happened. Iíve never faced anything like this before and never tried to anything such. I love my phone and love its data so always keep it safe side.

Kies and Kies 3 are very confusing, I donít know if Kies 3 supports S5 but I think S5 doesnít support Kies 3, its only for note 2 and 3.

But if Kies 3 supports S5 and if you have taken the note 3 backup by Kies then it would be easy. From C:\Users\USER_NAME\Documents\samsung\Kies3\backup\ SM-N900 copy the folder with the date name paste it on the S5 folder. If you connected two phone by Kies 3 there should be two folder by their model name. Like SM-N900 = Note 3. Then connect the S5 and see what appears in restore list. Hopefully this would work fine.

But even if it supports there is concerns, as when I was trying to transfer data from my old galaxy phone to new Note 3 by Kies, it rejected few data like call logs etc.

Now, If Kies 3 doesnít works with S5, then you can try this thing. Install Kies 2 for S5, take a backup once of the S5 and see the backup folder there you will see the folder structure (if its different from note 3 folder structure). For note 3 there will be folder like SM-N900_20140412111134 and backups files inside its like Contacts.spb, Calllog.scl check all files and their extensions.

If you get the folder structure and if both kies 2 and 3 backup file formats are same then this will work fine. If you donít understand anything, ask me.

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Also in future use automated backups like Avast backup for all, it helped me a lot when changing the phone. Kies couldnít restore all from my previous galaxy to note 3. Also it takes daily backups. Look for a good cloud backup apps.

Omg! Thank you very much. Even though i haven't try your method yet, i found all of my recent note 3 back ups in the kies 3 folder. i can see all of my whatsapp msg, media and backups. Other app datas too! I can just move it to my sd card and I can put back to my s5 without restoring it. I hope that will work!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread