Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 44,041 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] A problem with stock kernels

Tip us?
 
siavash2death
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 629
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default [Q] A problem with stock kernels

Hi, there's some time that I have strange problems with stock kernels (in both custom roms and stock roms). The problems are that when I want to turn on the wifi, it takes a long time to turn on (10 seconds and more), but turning it off is very quick (less than 1 second). Another problem is that when I connect to a wifi network and after some time I turn it off, when I turn on the wifi again, after that long time it takes, it shows available wifi networks without connecting to that wifi I used before. In another words, with stock kernels, it doesn't remember my wifi password and I have to enter the password every time I want to use wifi! but,I don't have these problems with custom kernels, but those are also have a big problem.They don't have working deepsleep ability, so when the screen is off, the phone is always awake! what I should I do to solve these strange and ridiculous problems?
 
nicholaschum
Old
#2  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,107
Posts: 1,720
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by siavash2death View Post
Hi, there's some time that I have strange problems with stock kernels (in both custom roms and stock roms). The problems are that when I want to turn on the wifi, it takes a long time to turn on (10 seconds and more), but turning it off is very quick (less than 1 second). Another problem is that when I connect to a wifi network and after some time I turn it off, when I turn on the wifi again, after that long time it takes, it shows available wifi networks without connecting to that wifi I used before. In another words, with stock kernels, it doesn't remember my wifi password and I have to enter the password every time I want to use wifi! but,I don't have these problems with custom kernels, but those are also have a big problem.They don't have working deepsleep ability, so when the screen is off, the phone is always awake! what I should I do to solve these strange and ridiculous problems?
Don't use stock kernels. Use the stock kernels that come with your custom ROM. Other than that, use custom kernel.

This happens to me if I use stock on my custom ROM, normal functionality messes up very easily.
ROM Problem? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 14/09, ak v40b08, MR-TWRP 2.8.0

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v133, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.2, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II


The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
siavash2death
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 629
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
Don't use stock kernels. Use the stock kernels that come with your custom ROM. Other than that, use custom kernel.

This happens to me if I use stock on my custom ROM, normal functionality messes up very easily.
Thanks, but I meant stock kernel that comes with custom roms and stock roms. But flashing another stock kernel doesn't work, either! The problem is that although custom kernels don't have these problems, they don't have working deepsleep ability with new based roms, such as NG1 and NG4.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk 2
 
siavash2death
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 629
Join Date: Apr 2011
No one can help me? That's too bad!
 
bogdan1980
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 526
Posts: 1,385
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bucharest greatest city ever
What rom? On xxuend3 wifi is perfect.

Note 3 rooted knox 0, bootloader locked, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom.
S2 oficial rom Xwlsn 4.1.2, Dorimanx 8.40/or latest beta
Optimus G
The Following User Says Thank You to bogdan1980 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
siavash2death
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 629
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdan1980 View Post
What rom? On xxuend3 wifi is perfect.

Note 3 rooted knox 0, bootloader locked, my last Samsuck crap. I want freedom.
Thanks,but I think your phone is SM-N9005. My phone is SM-N900 international exynos! But,thank you anyway.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more

Android One Goes Live in India!

Android One is a Google initiative set to bring an AOSP-like experience tosome emergingmarkets like India, … more