[Q] Problems with navigation software on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

OP Ropie58

17th July 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Hi Guys,

First of all, my new smart phone Samsung Galaxy Note3 (only 3 weeks old) has not been rooted yet. To be honest, I am not sure if I will do so in the very near future since I am still very happy with the way it works at the moment.

Nevertheless, I come to you with a cry for help, since I know from my very own experience in the past, that your forum is "the place to be" for technical issues and you guys are always here, willing and mostly able, to help a desperate forum member.

I recently installed TomTom on my smart phone and I noticed that, as soon as I am on the highway doing more than 80 kilometers per hour, that at the down site of my screen it shows a continuously horizontal striping and/or flickering (smaller and broader striping); and it makes no difference wether my screen is positioned horizontal or vertical, in my car holder. This striping and/or flickering keeps going on until I lower my speed again for driving in town (50 kilometers per hour). I also noticed that sometimes the highway exits stay visible in my screen while I long passed it. It looks like it is "lagging", although, through out the ride, the "position arrow" shows exactly and correctly where I am...

To make sure wether it was only a problem with the TomTom Navigation or not, I also installed Sygic Navigation. With Sygic, there is no flickering or striping showing on my screen when driving on the highway, but in here there is the problem that EVERY highway exit stays visible in my screen while I long passed it. However, both of these navigation programs worked flawless on my former smart phone, the Galaxy Note 1 (Android 4.2.1 - JellyBean).

Are you familiar with this issue? Could it be the new Android version 4.4.2 (KitKat) that might be causing the problem or could it be a (GPS ?) setting in my phone that needs to be altered or checked?

I seriously hope that you can help me out here.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards.

Robert,
Netherlands.
18th July 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 76

1,059 posts
More
Could possibly be KK?

I'm still on JB and navfree works great.
18th July 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Are you saying that you removed the default KK software to replace it with JB again?? If so, you most have lost all the features (the pen features as well) that Samsung delivered with this phone, I suppose...

Robert.
Last edited by Ropie58; 18th July 2014 at 09:09 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread