Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

push framework-res.apk possible in my scenario

Tip us?
 
chieco
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 90
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default push framework-res.apk possible in my scenario

Hi Guys,

I messed up while playing with my framework-res.apk! Can I push it without a custom recovery? My Computer detects the phone but i keep getting error messages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unbenannt.PNG
Views:	13
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	2894157  
 
nicholaschum
Old
#2  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,096
Posts: 1,702
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chieco View Post
Hi Guys,

I messed up while playing with my framework-res.apk! Can I push it without a custom recovery? My Computer detects the phone but i keep getting error messages.
You could always put a working version on your SD card and use TWRP (flash through Odin if you don't have it).

Advanced -> File Manager....you know the rest.
ROM Problem? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 03/09, Franco r16, MR-TWRP 2.7.1

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v133, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.2, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II


The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chieco
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 90
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
You could always put a working version on your SD card and use TWRP (flash through Odin if you don't have it).

Advanced -> File Manager....you know the rest.
I don't have a custom recovery! Wouldn't I trip Knox? I saw ur signature! Is there a way for my n9005 to install a custom recovery? that would be awesome!!!
 
nicholaschum
Old
#4  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,096
Posts: 1,702
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chieco View Post
I don't have a custom recovery! Wouldn't I trip Knox? I saw ur signature! Is there a way for my n9005 to install a custom recovery? that would be awesome!!!
Currently no. The N900W8 runs a different bootloader which allows for us to do anything but retain KNOX 0x0.

If that's the case, i'll suggest you flash stock. As the adb service on your phone is probably not started, TWRP is your only other option.

Sorry man.
ROM Problem? Try this or ask me on G+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Primary Phone: OnePlus One - A0001
Mahdi v2.7 03/09, Franco r16, MR-TWRP 2.7.1

Secondary Phone: Note 3 - SM-N900W8
Temasek UO v133, Temasek v3.93, TWRP 2.7.2, NA2 BL, NB7 CP, 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)

OnePlus One ◆ Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II


The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes