Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

My LAST Question to all please respond!!!

21st July 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
I have a SM-N900 which I have flashed with many custom roms but while flashing the latest stock via odin I lost my IMEI and Baseband as unknown. I have exhausted all possible options talking to many senior members but to no avail. so it needs to go to Samsung service.

Now I live in India and the phone is form Dubai .
so I have flashed stock and my current status is

Binary fficial
System official
Knox warranty bit 0
csc xsg

now is there a way Samsung may find out that the device has been tampered. there is no physical damage to the phone.
21st July 2014, 11:21 AM   |  #2  
Dubai
Thanks Meter: 354

932 posts
Donate to Me
Technically No, but I will suggest u to prey to God, many people send there device for repair with 0x0 & returned by Samsung without repaire with 0x1
21st July 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #3  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,152

1,802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithudas28

I have a SM-N900 which I have flashed with many custom roms but while flashing the latest stock via odin I lost my IMEI and Baseband as unknown. I have exhausted all possible options talking to many senior members but to no avail. so it needs to go to Samsung service.

Now I live in India and the phone is form Dubai .
so I have flashed stock and my current status is

Binary fficial
System official
Knox warranty bit 0
csc xsg

now is there a way Samsung may find out that the device has been tampered. there is no physical damage to the phone.

Take a photo just before you hand it in to Samsung - the download mode.

If you come out with a KNOX 0x1, show them the photo and request for a full exchange.
The Following User Says Thank You to nicholaschum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 23

60 posts
This happened to me the other week. What stock? I managed to get everything back with the latest Singapore XSP.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
21st July 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag bangalore

48 posts
More
will ask for an acknowlegment letter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooterss

This happened to me the other week. What stock? I managed to get everything back with the latest Singapore XSP.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

since I don't stay in Dubai I will ask my friend to get a letter of acklowgment stating the binary is official, system is official and KNOX warranty bit is valid. hence warranty is valid at the time of giving the device to Samsung what say
Last edited by mithudas28; 21st July 2014 at 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling
22nd July 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag bangalore

48 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdomadia

Technically No, but I will suggest u to prey to God, many people send there device for repair with 0x0 & returned by Samsung without repaire with 0x1

hey jdomadia, has it happedened with you. cos in that case I will have to pay attention my friend get acknowledgment on their letterhead that at the time of deposit the warranty is valid?? and secondly MY CSC is now XSG.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread