FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Region Unlock Code From Samsung

2nd April 2015, 03:38 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
hi

i wrote to sammy Germany and they wrote back that my phone (which i bought used from ebay) is locked by Vodafone UK
and i should contact them..

"Smartphones that you purchase a wireless service provider, are often provided with a network lock. This is not about the regional EU-SIM card lock.
An activation code for the network lock, you can only ask directly to the intended wireless service provider."

will try another service but maybe i will have to pay online for some unlocking service
any recommendations of any internet based unlocking sites for euro phones. ?

2nd April 2015, 05:49 PM |#112  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilegales

hi

i wrote to sammy Germany and they wrote back that my phone (which i bought used from ebay) is locked by Vodafone UK
and i should contact them..

"Smartphones that you purchase a wireless service provider, are often provided with a network lock. This is not about the regional EU-SIM card lock.
An activation code for the network lock, you can only ask directly to the intended wireless service provider."

will try another service but maybe i will have to pay online for some unlocking service
any recommendations of any internet based unlocking sites for euro phones. ?

It would have been better if you would have bought an unlocked mobile...But anyways, since it's carrier locked, you can try sending an email to Vodafone UK customer care but I don't think, they will help you since this is an used phone...

In that case, you could try posting a new thread in the proper section of this forum & helpful forum members will be able to guide you surely...I don't have personal experience with 3rd party unlocking services, so I would suggest you to ask this community instead...

Best of luck...
The Following User Says Thank You to sushrukh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2015, 09:58 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi there,
If you're not such a technical person, you can try an unlock code provider. I've used a few services for my phones and some of my friends' and everything went ok.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread