FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Region Unlock Code From Samsung

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By sushrukh, Member on 19th August 2014, 06:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd April 2015, 03:38 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
hi

i wrote to sammy Germany and they wrote back that my phone (which i bought used from ebay) is locked by Vodafone UK
and i should contact them..

"Smartphones that you purchase a wireless service provider, are often provided with a network lock. This is not about the regional EU-SIM card lock.
An activation code for the network lock, you can only ask directly to the intended wireless service provider."

will try another service but maybe i will have to pay online for some unlocking service
any recommendations of any internet based unlocking sites for euro phones. ?

2nd April 2015, 05:49 PM |#112  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilegales

hi

i wrote to sammy Germany and they wrote back that my phone (which i bought used from ebay) is locked by Vodafone UK
and i should contact them..

"Smartphones that you purchase a wireless service provider, are often provided with a network lock. This is not about the regional EU-SIM card lock.
An activation code for the network lock, you can only ask directly to the intended wireless service provider."

will try another service but maybe i will have to pay online for some unlocking service
any recommendations of any internet based unlocking sites for euro phones. ?

It would have been better if you would have bought an unlocked mobile...But anyways, since it's carrier locked, you can try sending an email to Vodafone UK customer care but I don't think, they will help you since this is an used phone...

In that case, you could try posting a new thread in the proper section of this forum & helpful forum members will be able to guide you surely...I don't have personal experience with 3rd party unlocking services, so I would suggest you to ask this community instead...

Best of luck...
The Following User Says Thank You to sushrukh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2015, 09:58 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi there,
If you're not such a technical person, you can try an unlock code provider. I've used a few services for my phones and some of my friends' and everything went ok.
17th May 2015, 02:11 PM |#114  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Help me out Someone. SIM Network Lock
17th May 2015, 04:12 PM |#115  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Droid

Help me out Someone. SIM Network Lock

See here...Don't worry...I had the same problem but I got it solved...Please read my post carefully here & proceed...Best of luck...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=75
26th July 2015, 11:11 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will your letter work for Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
Hi! Please send me a copy of your letter. Please! Thank you
26th July 2015, 11:25 AM |#117  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMPalcone

I've already posted the copy of the letter here in this thread...

Read my post here :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=75

Best of luck...
The Following User Says Thank You to sushrukh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2015, 11:52 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrukh

I've already posted the copy of the letter here in this thread...

Read my post here :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=75

Best of luck...

Thank you! But the problem is that my dad bought the phone in Saudi Arabia. When I contacted their contact support, they asked for the sales invoice which I do not have because my dad is in SA while I'm in the Philippines. (He also thinks that he lost the receipt.)

Could I possibly ask for another region's code? The phone is made in UK but is region locked in SA. Could I use the unlock number from the UK samsung support? Thank you very much.
27th July 2015, 01:27 PM |#119  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you! But the problem is that my dad bought the phone in Saudi Arabia. When I contacted their contact support, they asked for the sales invoice which I do not have because my dad is in SA while I'm in the Philippines. (He also thinks that he lost the receipt.)

Could I possibly ask for another region's code? The phone is made in UK but is region locked in SA. Could I use the unlock number from the UK samsung support? Thank you very much.

If the phone is region-locked in SA, then only Samsung Saudi Arabia can help you but you must give them the copy of the invoice...Ask your dad to scan & send to you the invoice...If he has lost the invoice, then I'm afraid, Samsung will not be able to help you in this & you will need to buy an unlock code from a 3rd party unlock code provider...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread