Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushrohit4

i recently bought a note 4 in india and move to hong kong
i would like to unlock the phone so that i can use it in hongkong
can u help me out please

Mobiles bought/made in India should be unlocked already...Are you sure , your phone is locked ?
Last edited by sushrukh; 11th August 2015 at 10:01 AM.

11th August 2015, 05:05 PM |#122  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had to use it in India for 5 min but I moved to Hong Kong as it was not possible just before the flight
Now I am stuck

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Free mobile app
11th August 2015, 05:40 PM |#123  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushrohit4

I had to use it in India for 5 min but I moved to Hong Kong as it was not possible just before the flight
Now I am stuck

Samsung Europe is co-operative & helpful & they generally provide the unlock code without much hassle...I'm not sure, if Samsung Indian customer care even knows about a thing called network unlock...I personally contacted them for my mobile but they behaved like they never heard about this network lock thing...Then I had to get the unlock code from Samsung Europe customer cares...Your Note 4 box will say which country the phone has been manufactured in...If it's manufactured in India, then you can try sending an email to Samsung India customer care from this link :- http://www.samsung.com/in/support/erms1

Fill up the above form & Samsung India will reply you to your email...Best of luck buddy...Let us know, how it goes...
16th August 2015, 06:43 AM |#124  
Dublin, Ireland

More
I wish that was the case. I've tried all the different Samsung support email addresses in Europe, and they all came back and told me to contact the one for UK/Ireland and I've been arguing with them for 2 weeks now trying to get them to unlock my phone.

I've tried my old mobile provider AND various online unlock services and they tell me that the phone isn't (sim) locked and the IMEI isn't even listed in the Samsung database they all use to get unlock codes, but i used it for almost 2 years in Ireland (where I bought it) before I moved to Australia so it *shouldn't* still have the region lock enabled, but nobody can (or will) help me, including Samsung themselves, so I basically am left with a very small android tablet.

I DO get the message to enter the unlock code when I put in an Australian sim, so there is definitely some kind of lock on the phone still. are there keypad codes I can enter to check the lock status and find out what kind of lock is in place even?
16th August 2015, 07:03 AM |#125  
OP Member
Flag Kolkata

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vibe666

I wish that was the case. I've tried all the different Samsung support email addresses in Europe, and they all came back and told me to contact the one for UK/Ireland and I've been arguing with them for 2 weeks now trying to get them to unlock my phone.

I've tried my old mobile provider AND various online unlock services and they tell me that the phone isn't (sim) locked and the IMEI isn't even listed in the Samsung database they all use to get unlock codes, but i used it for almost 2 years in Ireland (where I bought it) before I moved to Australia so it *shouldn't* still have the region lock enabled, but nobody can (or will) help me, including Samsung themselves, so I basically am left with a very small android tablet.

I DO get the message to enter the unlock code when I put in an Australian sim, so there is definitely some kind of lock on the phone still. are there keypad codes I can enter to check the lock status and find out what kind of lock is in place even?

Have you tried sending email to Samsung Germany yet ?
16th August 2015, 10:14 AM |#126  

More
The hong kong service center did not help at all and the Indian service center told me to go to them but I have mailed them

Sent from my SM-N910G using XDA Fre-e mrobile app

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

can you send me the unlock code so that I can atleast try once ?

16th August 2015, 12:00 PM |#127  
Dublin, Ireland

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrukh

Have you tried sending email to Samsung Germany yet ?

yep, germany, austria, the uk, and the others listed in this thread.

still arguing with samsung uk now about what they need to do about it.
17th August 2015, 12:10 AM |#128  
Dublin, Ireland

More
now they've told me that I need to send it back to a UK service centre (from Australia!) to get it "repaired".

idiots.
18th August 2015, 05:15 AM |#129  
Dublin, Ireland

More
I just discovered a service that offers USB based unlocking via their own app and samsung drivers at http://www.fastgsm.com/en/samsung/ga...erviceDetail16

I just tried it and for the first time in 8 months, I now finally have an unlocked Note 3.

and yes, after all that, it DOES look like it was a SIM lock, not a region lock, despite my mobile provider telling me it wasn't locked.

I performed the unlock via USB on a Windows 7 laptop on my SM-9005 on Android 4.4.2 in case anyone is interested, which isn't supposed to be possible, from what I've read, so this *might* be big news.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread