Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,597 Members 51,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Roaming problem n9005

Tip us?

mushatandrei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] Roaming problem n9005

Hi, guys, I bought this phone from Italy while I was on vacation and now that I am back in Denmark, I have that R on my signal and my internet connection is slow, does someone know how can I change that? I have to flash another rom? Please help me, thank you

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushatandrei View Post
Hi, guys, I bought this phone from Italy while I was on vacation and now that I am back in Denmark, I have that R on my signal and my internet connection is slow, does someone know how can I change that? I have to flash another rom? Please help me, thank you
R means you are Roaming on another network (not on home network).

If it does not get back to your home network, try to select your home network by so to Settings > More networks > Mobile networks > Network operators > 'Select automatically', OR 'Search networks' to manually select your home network.

mushatandrei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
R means you are Roaming on another network (not on home network).

If it does not get back to your home network, try to select your home network by so to Settings > More networks > Mobile networks > Network operators > 'Select automatically', OR 'Search networks' to manually select your home network.

I've tried to use the dns changer in the region of the cellphone but, it gives me an error and says that my phone is modified!

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I've tried to use the dns changer in the region of the cellphone but, it gives me an error and says that my phone is modified!
What did you mean by DNS? If it was domain name server, so it is not related to the problem you are facing. Please follow the steps I have told you above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mushatandrei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndnguyen View Post
What did you mean by DNS? If it was domain name server, so it is not related to the problem you are facing. Please follow the steps I have told you above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Sorry I meant CSC, and about the steps, I don't know exactly what I should do with that apps, excuse but I never faced this problem and because of that I don't know how to proceed!

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Sorry I meant CSC, and about the steps, I don't know exactly what I should do with that apps, excuse but I never faced this problem and because of that I don't know how to proceed!
- How did you change the CSC? By using my app 'Phone INFO ★Samsung★' --> 'Other Tools' menu --> 'CSC Changer'? Or using another tool?

- Anyway, changing the CSC should not affect roaming behavior. Please follow the steps I have told you to select your home network (either auto or manually).

B3311
Old
Thanks Meter 582
Is your carrier Tele2 in Denmark by any chance?

mushatandrei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311 View Post
Is your carrier Tele2 in Denmark by any chance?
No my carrier it's vectone mobile, it's a new carier anyway, so maybe for that too?!