Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If i root my Note 3 , will i still get updates from Samung ?

Tip us?

justwondering
Old
(Last edited by justwondering; 11th July 2014 at 02:52 PM.) Reason: extra
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default If i root my Note 3 , will i still get updates from Samung ?

Hi , I run custom roms on my tablets at home , but ideally I would like to leave my Note 3 able to have official updates with no need to install myself via SD card etc , but will rooting it , but no new custom rom , still allow me to have latest releases direct from Samsung .

If the answer is yes , I assume , when a new update comes out , any bloatware I have disable will be re-enabled and I might have to go and uninstall all the rubbish I did not want again....

But if the answer is NO , would I need to install CWM to update to the latest version of Samsung releases ?

My phone is still under warranty and I kinda don't want to mess with it too much , my tablets are old and 2nd user , so no worries with those

Advice please.

vndnguyen
Old
Thanks Meter 620

DONATE TO ME
You can still get the update notification, but you can not update.

However you can flash the latest firmware using Kies or Odin.

maremma
Old
Thanks Meter 5
it depnds on how you root... towel root and de la vega expolit system whitout changing kernels recovery or whatever so you should be able to receive OTA update , but you will problably loose root once you update.

mesimple
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, so i rooted my note 3 with Towelroot method but i also instaled samsung update and now that i read this i was scary about loosing root or activating knox. I just check and seems that my root it's ok.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

psycho1200
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesimple View Post
Ok, so i rooted my note 3 with Towelroot method but i also instaled samsung update and now that i read this i was scary about loosing root or activating knox. I just check and seems that my root it's ok.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You must do the process every time a new ota arrives to your phone