Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen Broken, Won't Boot

Tip us?

guitarguy280
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Screen Broken, Won't Boot

I recently dropped my Note 3 (well, actually my wife accidentally knocked it out of my hand) and the screen (and perhaps the digitizer too) broke. When trying to boot it, the phone vibrates once like it is starting up, but then keeps vibrating every 10 seconds or so. I assume it's in some kind of a boot loop; will the phone not fully boot if it detects that the screen is broken? Any ideas on what I can do to boot it so I can wipe it remotely?

LAURA112
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarguy280 View Post
I recently dropped my Note 3 (well, actually my wife accidentally knocked it out of my hand) and the screen (and perhaps the digitizer too) broke. When trying to boot it, the phone vibrates once like it is starting up, but then keeps vibrating every 10 seconds or so. I assume it's in some kind of a boot loop; will the phone not fully boot if it detects that the screen is broken? Any ideas on what I can do to boot it so I can wipe it remotely?

Hi, i was wondering if you was able to solve the problem. if so please help me any advice would be helpful my situation is exactly the same with my note 3 and i need my data i really dont car about the phone anymore just need the data

ddogishere
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAURA112 View Post
Hi, i was wondering if you was able to solve the problem. if so please help me any advice would be helpful my situation is exactly the same with my note 3 and i need my data i really dont car about the phone anymore just need the data
Hi Laura I can understand and feel your frustration but unfortunately your only option now it's to JTAG the phone to retrieve your data. Only a good phone shop can do it & it can be expensive.
Tags
broken screen, no boot, note 3, vibrate