[Q] SD cards suddenly not working

25th August 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

36 posts
Hi. I bought my Note 3 last year in October and I used my 16GB class 4 SanDisk card. It worked perfectly, it's just that it was pretty slow when saving 1080p/4K videos.
So I decided to buy a 64GB class 10 SanDisk card from Amazon. But I had many problems with the card, images and videos were corrupted etc. Though when trying the card in other devices it worked fine. Also tested it in my computer with software that filled the card with 64GB of data to verify that it was 64GB. I also manually filled the card with 64GB of images and videos and nothing was corrupt.
So I decided to just use the phone without an SD card and that is what I have been doing for the last 5 months.
Now I wanted to use my 16GB card again but it isn't detected at all. I have tried three different cards but nothing happens. I have tried everything I can think of, factory reset amongst other things.
I'm using stock rom and it isn't rooted. Do you have an idea what could be the problem? Perhaps it's simply faulty somehow?
25th August 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

151 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewol

Hi. I bought my Note 3 last year in October and I used my 16GB class 4 SanDisk card. It worked perfectly, it's just that it was pretty slow when saving 1080p/4K videos.
So I decided to buy a 64GB class 10 SanDisk card from Amazon. But I had many problems with the card, images and videos were corrupted etc. Though when trying the card in other devices it worked fine. Also tested it in my computer with software that filled the card with 64GB of data to verify that it was 64GB. I also manually filled the card with 64GB of images and videos and nothing was corrupt.
So I decided to just use the phone without an SD card and that is what I have been doing for the last 5 months.
Now I wanted to use my 16GB card again but it isn't detected at all. I have tried three different cards but nothing happens. I have tried everything I can think of, factory reset amongst other things.
I'm using stock rom and it isn't rooted. Do you have an idea what could be the problem? Perhaps it's simply faulty somehow?

The myth is samsung devices works great with Samsung memory cards, and always have issue with other branded cards. Iíve been using many Samsung phones with Samsung cards and never ever had any issues.

The corrupted video files, data errors etc are surely due to the using of SanDisk card. But as its now not detected at all that I cant say. It could be an hardware issue too. But try with another card or few other cards, if its not detecting any of them then itís a hardware issues.

But if it detect others then try/test any Samsung card before buying or get one Iím sure it will work perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread