Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Once again, Service Temporarily Unavailable

OP k1ng r4t

7th July 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
"Service Unavailable - Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

I swear every phone I've had, at one point or another, gets this message when I try to update. Nothing fixes it, I've tried it all. Only way I've gotten 93% of updates since my Eris is manually installing. In fact I think my first XDA post was how to resolve this, and I just had to do it myself.

So I found the stock KK ROM and, once again, will use Odin to install it and re-root, but why does this always happen? A few times, whatever. Almost all the time, thank God for XDA. Every time....ok what's going on? I backup and FDR before every update to be sure it's as clean as possible.

I've always rooted, but otherwise don't do anything. Is this just me? Does this happen a lot to other people? Is it purely coincidence? I can't find hardly any threads about it for the Note 3...

Basically....WTH?!?!
7th July 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,038

4,165 posts
More
Last I checked, OTA isn't supposed to work when you're rooted...
9th July 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

Last I checked, OTA isn't supposed to work when you're rooted...

The thing with that is I have gotten OTA's when rooted, even ones that removed root. That may have been a phone or two ago though. But the majority of the time I get this. I just don't get it, does everyone else with root only install updates manually? Maybe I should try one of those apps that temporarily unroots so you can install an update...
Last edited by k1ng r4t; 9th July 2014 at 09:21 AM.
9th July 2014, 09:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 128

220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng r4t

"Service Unavailable - Software update is temporarily unavailable. Try again later."

I swear every phone I've had, at one point or another, gets this message when I try to update. Nothing fixes it, I've tried it all. Only way I've gotten 93% of updates since my Eris is manually installing. In fact I think my first XDA post was how to resolve this, and I just had to do it myself.

So I found the stock KK ROM and, once again, will use Odin to install it and re-root, but why does this always happen? A few times, whatever. Almost all the time, thank God for XDA. Every time....ok what's going on? I backup and FDR before every update to be sure it's as clean as possible.

I've always rooted, but otherwise don't do anything. Is this just me? Does this happen a lot to other people? Is it purely coincidence? I can't find hardly any threads about it for the Note 3...

Basically....WTH?!?!

OTA is not working when phone is rooted, unroot your phone and try to update.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th July 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #5  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,038

4,165 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ng r4t

The thing with that is I have gotten OTA's when rooted, even ones that removed root. That may have been a phone or two ago though. But the majority of the time I get this. I just don't get it, does everyone else with root only install updates manually? Maybe I should try one of those apps that temporarily unroots so you can install an update...

These days, Root = No OTA.

The old method was : Enable survival mode in SuperSU (Pro needed) --> Disable Superuser --> Reboot --> Install OTA --> Reboot --> Re-enable Superuser --> Disable survivor mode.

Not sure if it still works though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread