Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link

The post Google Announces Plans for Projects Titan, Loon and Link appeared first on … more

Here’s What the HTC One M9 Camera Can Do

more

Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification

The post Get S6 Edge’s Notifications with Edge Color Notification … more

Intel at MWC 2015: New Chip Branding and Details

more
Post Reply

[Q] SIM Unlock after Knox Trip

OP simmo0020

27th August 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Hi does anyone know if I will still be able to use an unlock code after the Knox Warranty flag has been tripped?
27th August 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #2  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 5,878
 
3,664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo0020

Hi does anyone know if I will still be able to use an unlock code after the Knox Warranty flag has been tripped?

Yes
27th August 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Yes

Just a case of paying my 20 GBP to Vodafone for the unlock code?
27th August 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #4  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 5,878
 
3,664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmo0020

Just a case of paying my 20 GBP to Vodafone for the unlock code?

Carriers won't check KNOX status to give you an unlock code, all they check is the IMEI which can even be provided by email or live chat online.

They only check for warranty replacements.
2nd September 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
More
Exclamation knox trip unlock SIM code still good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum

Carriers won't check KNOX status to give you an unlock code, all they check is the IMEI which can even be provided by email or live chat online.

They only check for warranty replacements.

So if I tripped knox on this ATT GNote3, pay for the regional unlock code it will still unlock my SIM allowing me to take device to any carrier?
2nd September 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #6  
nicholaschum's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag University of Toronto St. George (Hometown: Hong Kong)
Thanks Meter: 5,878
 
3,664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadWolfx4

So if I tripped knox on this ATT GNote3, pay for the regional unlock code it will still unlock my SIM allowing me to take device to any carrier?

You can do this over the phone or through live chat. They don't need access to your physical phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes