[Q] Stock Note 3, need to go back to jellybean from kitkat!!

OP G.factor

8th July 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I apologize if this has been asked before. I have tried searching here for answers already with no luck.
SO...My Note 3 is completely stock. I have a rooted Nexus 7 with Super User access and Clockworkmod and a few other things that's installed in my car. I'm mostly a noob with this kind of stuff until recent, but still a noob. I MUST have Foxfi working on my phone so I can tether it to the N7 unless there's another way I can tether the N7 to my Note 3. I didn't know I'd lose foxfi when installing KK OTA. Of course it updated months ago but I haven't needed to tether my phone in a long time so I was already practically done with the N7 install in my car when I found out I can't tether to it like I planned. Can anyone PLEASE HELP! I'm probably $700 or more into the N7 install in my car and can't turn back now
9th July 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.factor

I apologize if this has been asked before. I have tried searching here for answers already with no luck.
SO...My Note 3 is completely stock. I have a rooted Nexus 7 with Super User access and Clockworkmod and a few other things that's installed in my car. I'm mostly a noob with this kind of stuff until recent, but still a noob. I MUST have Foxfi working on my phone so I can tether it to the N7 unless there's another way I can tether the N7 to my Note 3. I didn't know I'd lose foxfi when installing KK OTA. Of course it updated months ago but I haven't needed to tether my phone in a long time so I was already practically done with the N7 install in my car when I found out I can't tether to it like I planned. Can anyone PLEASE HELP! I'm probably $700 or more into the N7 install in my car and can't turn back now

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=87 just follow this and you can back your phone to 4.3. I dont try but many ppl try and it works

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

I think this only works on n900 note 3 model i am note sure for n9005.Wait for someone to tell you.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to kosarkas94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,453

3,577 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.factor

There will be a different tethering app available, but you won't be able to go back to 4.3 on your Note since you have upgraded your bootloader (at least not for the foreseeable) -It's simply impossible at this moment in time.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,009

3,944 posts
Donate to Me
More
On N9005 variant, it is impossible to revert from KitKat to Jelly Bean due to bootloader restriction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Someguyfromhell For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you guys for your feedback. All I really care about is tethering to my tablet, so as long as I can do that I don't care about going back to jellybean.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank