Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 49,587 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SystemUI crashes on phone calls

Tip us?

PlutoDelic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default [Q] SystemUI crashes on phone calls

i am having this issue with receiving and making calls, the moment the screen is on, SystemUI will crash and reload.

The proximity sensor does not work after this, and i end up touching stuff with my cheek while talking.

I do have my doubts on xpose module S5 SystemUI Theme, but it all started randomly...

anyone having the same issue?

My Note 3 runs with Stock NG2, LeanKernel 3.6 and latest PhilZ CWM.

gschot
Old
(Last edited by gschot; 22nd August 2014 at 10:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Yes! I have this issue as well. Not for outbound, but only for inbound. I use the Samsung flip cover, so I did not notice about the proximity sensor, but I just gave it a test and it shows identical behaviour. When receiving a call when screen is off, there is no problem at all, proximity also works.

I do not have the S5 SystemUI theme, and never used it.

Can't remember what I changed that could actually cause this. I have the following config:

Stock XXUEND3 (Latest PHN - The Netherlands firmware available)
Rooted with CF Autoroot
Running Ultimate Kernel v54 (but I had the issue already running stock kernel)
Connected with Gear 2
Frozen some Samsung bloatware with Titanium Backup

So I am following this thread!

Gerco

PlutoDelic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Well that's weird, Greenify keeps telling me it has problems hibernating com.sec.android.sviewcover, which i've disabled since i dont have one.

PS, to confirm your findings, i too had problems on stock kernel (*NG2 SEE) and i did wipe a lot of APK's, but most of them are non-samsung, i prefer RW rights over /system above scripting and debloating apps.

Do you by any chance have Xposed installed? if yes, what modules?

I've enabled the physical buttons for picking up and ending a call, if it wasnt up to them, i'd have to wait until the process re-opens so i can slide the thing...this is getting really annoying

gschot
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I do have the Xposed framework loaded, with only Wanam Xposed active. I'll try to disable/remove Xposed and see if that makes things better.

<edit> Nope... Did not fix it... </edit>
Tags
phone call crash, systemui crash